Author Topic: [AM_CODEF2EXE_TOOL] Make stand alone exe files of your CODEF screens.  (Read 3481 times)

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
After a oldskool coding session night, iNC made it once again....

The CODEF2EXE Tool has been brought to live......

First, it was a idea of a concept from the evening but than it has been realised after hot enthusiasm in only 2 hours as a working win executable demo.

Yeah, we're now able to add Codef Screens, which normally count multiple files to combine and compile them into one Stand alone Windows EXE File.
How cool is that, you can download a working sample from the attachment of this post to see it for yourself. :icon_computer:
The attached example show the online version. A offline version with more features like adding own Splash Screens in front of a Demo.exe file and many more we will release very soon. Be patient...

.:: DIRECT DOWNLOAD HERE ::.

Let us know what you think about this project.
(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·currently Building [AM]WEBDEFF_EDiTOR.·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

Offline padman

• Pentium
    • View Profile
Let us know what you think about this project.

No offense mate. But it is what it is. A web gadget displaying a website of a remake you did not create and a mod file being probably played on top locally. Otherwise it wouldn't work. I doubt that you can get this to work offline and to be honest I don't see the point either.

CODEF conversion was done by TotorMan btw. Original can be viewed there: http://wab.com/?screen=62

You'd have probably ended up in the fuckings part of a scroller back in the Amiga days for not crediting the author and just ripping his work. :whack: So please start creating your own demos or remakes. You are very welcome to present them on here. :cheers:

Challenge Trophies Won:

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
I first wanted to ignore this Padman but you asked for it.  :bfuck1:
You just made the biggest mistake of your online board carreer here with your loud mouth thats only talking crap and bullshit.
Its obvious that you dont know who we are and what we do or did for the scene.
And you didnt even take the time todo that research first before you start to judge us yes us Whitewolf & iNC
We asked ourselves what people are thinking about this project and you are giving your opinion and thoughts ok for so far
We can handle critics sure why not otherwise we shouldend ask for peoples opinion right .
But im so sick and tyerd of people that think they are Ubersceners and think they know everything about it.
And are only bragging bullshit crap and judging other people that try to do and create new things for the scene.
No its not nice to accuse someone from stealing other peoples work and judging them before you are 100% sure thats the case.
So please do me a favour and do your research first before you write down big words and judgements cos some day you might offend the wrong people and bad things might happen okay...

Now for the fun part i show you 2 screenshots that hopefully explains enouf

Official release Topic. http://www.aftermath-creations.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=503#p503

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017 by WhiteWolf »

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
No offense mate. But it is what it is. A web gadget displaying a website of a remake you did not create and a mod file being probably played on top locally. Otherwise it wouldn't work. I doubt that you can get this to work offline and to be honest I don't see the point either.

Wel to take al your doubts away we did this already as you can see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ll_CId8jWc&feature=youtu.be sorry for the lame quality of lagging video but you get the idea and can see it works offline in your local chrome browser

We are currently working on a multifunctional WEB based Demo EFFects EDiTOR for short WEBDEFF EDiTOR for windows os

You can find more info here http://www.aftermath-creations.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=287

Its a open source project based on the brackets engine. ( If people are interested i can start a topic here on DBF about the WEBDEFF EDiTOR )

The use of this is to make WEBDEFF coding easier to access for beginners they install the package and already have samples tutorials Remakes provided and approved by codef and wab people
No need to buy online hosting setup accounts upload the libs ad or code contents cos its already in the package.
It carries options like teamhack so possibilitie by sharing a code like teamvieuwer to code together on the same projects using the editor .
Wel i can talk on for hours about its possibilities and things it can do just lemme know if people are interested here in following the progress of the WEBDEFF Tool and i wil start a topic here and share it otherwise you know where to follow it now

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
It's cool that you seem to have made something to single file demos and allow them to work offline just from a geeky point of view which is why I liked it on Facebook.
Also good that you have permission from Totorman to use his sources.
I don't see this for one minute ever replacing the we are back website and I doubt I'd use it myself, so as acoding exercise yeah I can see you would have had fun making it and I  respect that part.

I can't get my head around why you'd want to add your own splash screen in front of someone elses remake unless it was you who made the remake, maybe there is a readon for this which I'm missing? Perhaps you can explain.

Lastly Padman has contributed loads of cool remakes to the community, his opinion is as valid as yours and I'd appreciate it if you didn't make personal derisory comments about him on this message board.

I'm 44 years old now, most of us are getting a bit long in the tooth now and we should know how to have a discussion without insulting each other.

Thanks and good luck with it.

Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
Okay mods (or admins) please remove al of this crap if padman readed this its done for me no hard feeelings Padman but think before you act okay ;)
i hope i havent offended or breaked the dbf rules if i did i apolagize i respect this board and its contributing members..

Greets WhiteWolf

I think i took care of that part already didnt i and continued the topic as it should Shockwave ;)

please remove the crap send us a copy in our pm to remember it and its done i have said what i wanted to say and still standing behind every word of it no one likes to be accused of being a thief neither would you...

Oh and sorry its never been our intention to replace WAB dunno where that idea comes from maybe you should have a look on fb cos thats where al the codef action is aim a active member there and then you might understand how it came alive cos loads of people where asking for good tutorials and want to learn making things like the remakes and have a taste of the action with live samples and learning it by seeing and doing it thats al this codef to exe is just a part of the whole plan and to see if we can fix that also online offline in pb

Wel thanx for your like and comments and the work on keeping this board online schockwave

Sorry missed this one : I can't get my head around why you'd want to add your own splash screen in front of someone elses remake unless it was you who made the remake, maybe there is a readon for this which I'm missing? Perhaps you can explain.
Dont forget that the codef guys itself are interested in this also im building and thinking this together with them Dagon MellowMan etc etc

Wel we hope that people by using our Future WEBDEFF editor become active in the WEBDEFF demo scene  thats going to be a windows standalone exe program file which includes  lot of already installedl jslibs and webdemo effects and editors like glsl shadertool particle systems it gives the end user the abillity to work em out offline and see on the fly whats happening  not only codef also threejs and others it has included tutorials of learning glsl or webgl coding its open source brackets engine so they can use it as the like and build it further or remove stuff they arrent interested in the codef samples are just to give the end user a look whats going on in the kitchen and are able to work with the files ad own fonts that are also included change the music  change the colors etc etc learning by doing and no need to get the whole crap online setting up hosting uploading files installing the JS libs etc etc
But i think this whole Codef and WEBDEFF project thing is highly misunderstood here.
And by the looks of it people arrent even interested in looking deeper of where its comming from.
Its a pitty they already have their opinions and conclusions ready.

When i google your website im pretty sure it says :

DARK BIT FACTORY :: DEMOSCENE CODING WEBSITE.
Learn how to code effects and demos for the demoscene in this friendly programing community! All coders welcome

Wel it sure doesnt feel that way
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017 by WhiteWolf »

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
please remove the crap send us a copy in our pm to remember it and its done i have said what i wanted to say and still standing behind every word of it no one likes to be accused of being a thief neither would you...
Padman didn't accuse you of stealing anyone's work, he said you made a wrapper to display other people's work and regardless of what you say, that is exactly what you have done.
I will not be removing any of the text you posted and I won't be sending you a PM, I have better things to do.

So please do me a favour and do your research first before you write down big words and judgements cos some day you might offend the wrong people and bad things might happen okay...
I won't tolerate people making threats here, this topic is now closed and you can read the terms of use if you want to keep access to DBF.

http://www.dbfinteractive.com/forum/index.php?topic=4964.0

Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won: