Author Topic: What are you working on at the moment?  (Read 261949 times)

Offline ninogenio

• Pentium
    • View Profile
Re: What are you working on at the moment?
« Reply #720 on: August 13, 2013 »
thats it fixed up now, cheers mate,

yeah another halloween comp would be good.. i should be in better shape this time than in previous years  :)...

quick question.. roughly how do you guys like too handle your shader attributes/uniforms its one part of my framework that just doesn't sit well with me, i keep recoding it and thinking arggh that looks worse than before haha..
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 07, 2013 »
Finding more time to work on things now.

Am still implementing FbOs (and RBO's) and RTT (render to texture) in my helper lib.

Just want to make a test app which lets me draw 'stars' onto a texture and display it using a full screen quad.

I've now put more time into this that I thought it would take. Whats annoying about OpenGL is that sometimes the documentation is sparse, and its hard to tell where to look (with gDEBugger) to see if things are set up correctly or not.

Getting fed up with adding things to my helper library + scene mgr when I want to be actually making things that do stuff using it!
(and it isn't a "does everything" library/engine thing - just some simple scene + object management and cleanup boilerplate code to help me jump into projects more quickly.. but i really need this part done!)

(got lots of project ideas building up..)

btw shader attributes/uniforms also an unsolved 'thing' at my end..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013 by Canopy »

Offline spathi

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2013 »
Working on a semi-generalized color fading and cycling library.

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 09, 2013 »
All looks and sounds really interesting Dudes!

Not sure who's about to ask for a Halloween comp. Time is getting on a bit too.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 11, 2013 »
i own a large internet forum (which ironically i dont post on much anymore), on the same server i had a few small sites plus the site for a friends shop..

the forum has eaten a lot of disk space on my 10 gig VPS, i removed/moved all other sites and still not enough space to run a repair on the crashed table which requires space to make the table+index size, i managed to scrape 2 gig but it needs almost 3. so am downloading it to home and am going to fix within WAMP. the other sites are mostly all already moved on to a another small hosting account.

this weekend is going on fixing the forum database offline  and getting it back online. the rest of this month is now going to be taken up with getting my friends shops site back to looking decent (i scrapped the old one and am going to use wordpress) and move/upgrade the internet forum to a sister sites dedicated server (owned by someone else..)

plus after all this i will have a small personal site (also wordpress) on my new hosting account, and a new domain i just bought.. where I can post images of what i'm working on :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013 by Canopy »

Offline hellfire

• Sponsor
  • Pentium
    • View Profile
    • my stuff
« Reply #725 on: October 11, 2013 »

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Optimus

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Optimouse Demo Site
« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2013 »
I should be working on my CPC demo part for the deadline but I just got my GCW0 and also getting a brand new desktop PC early next week. Let's see..
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2013 »
real nice hellfire! whats the project?

- fixed the forum
- got my friends shop website back up and redid the whole thing in wordpress. he's ultra pleased

still have to move the forum.. but in shorter amounts of free time i'm still tinkering with opengl stuff..

really glad i decided to do that as i can see in gDEBugger i've finally got the darn render to texture working..
i just need to get it rendering to a quad, do some housework on the code and i'm on to actually doing stuff with it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013 by Canopy »

Offline Pot Noodle

• Sponsor
  • Amiga 1200
  • Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2013 »
Gone back to my PB version of the Amiga arcade style game ( Jaguar XJ220 )
Having rewritten it added better corners and steering i am trying to sort out the hills now  :-\

Offline ash

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 17, 2013 »
I had some time back in the last weekend, and
created a simple particle simulation on Codepen.io site with javascript.

http://codepen.io/ashokgowtham/pen/DAuFx

any feedbacks welcome :)

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 17, 2013 »
Very Good  :clap:

Gone back to my PB version of the Amiga arcade style game ( Jaguar XJ220 )
Having rewritten it added better corners and steering i am trying to sort out the hills now

That going be interesting when you have done :)

Offline Voltage

• Professor
  • Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 18, 2013 »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2014 »
really glad i decided to do that as i can see in gDEBugger i've finally got the darn render to texture working..
i just need to get it rendering to a quad, do some housework on the code and i'm on to actually doing stuff with it.

and after a splurge trying to fix it to make a compo entry, i fixed somethings and saw no end in sight.. 3 months due to that, and due to xmas (sounds like an ideal time, but with the mrs off too, hardly any alone time)

i've done very little for too long.. and run out of will power to debug it anymore, still in the back of mind all the time though, and i've stil been checking in on DBF (and Pouet)

have put a few hours in and entirely given up. am circumventing the current issue by making a new test app to learn about and create helpers for the texturing bits.

test app i'm just starting will have 3 textured in quads on the screen.

the first one will be a traditionally loaded from BMP style (i'm going to use the 'crate' image form the NEHE tutorials but convert it to a .H so there's no need to load from disk).

the second, a buffered "texture"

the third, rendering the texture create via RTT (which hopefully now gets me to where I've fixed the original problem and have some robust, multipurpose where necessary texturing code)

just to add even more pain to this, once i'm done and have what I feel I need in my boilerplate 'simple' opengl c framework. i'm going to sit down and review the whole structure of what i've got and rejig it, mostly i think the style/structure of the API and how the code is included in projects will go through the most change.

currently: some things aren't abstracted enough, and some are abstracted too much.

i need to get to a point where i'm focusing on writing apps not the shit to manage it and rebooting the lib seems arse backwards, but its not currently designed along the lines of seperatoin in some places where it could be.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014 by Canopy »

Offline combatking0

• JavaScript lives!
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
« Reply #733 on: February 21, 2014 »
I'm working on a simplistic looking JavaScript game called "Planetoid Hopper".

So far I've got a lone planetoid and a space craft. You can steer with the left and right arrow keys and fire your booster rocket with the up arrow key.

Flying is tricky though! If you land the rocket on its side you'll have to press F5 to reset.

The final version will have lots of planetoids to visit, each with colonists and a trading / mission system.
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2014 »
sounds fun :)

so elite-ish with the trading, and lots of options for other types of things like space platforms, wormholes depending how sci-fi ya wanna go :)

i've put another few hours in on my stuff, have a stripey RGB texture i'm filling directly in mem. Good news is, i have it displaying 'wrong' (one triangle of the quad filled at the wrong orientation) if i'm using gl_triangle_fan, which isn't suprising because my vertexes should be wound to work with gl_triangle_strip however, with that it does bugger all. if i use gl_triangle_LINE however the dividing line on the quad is coloured and oriented correctly, so i'm very sure its getting the texcoords right i'm going to crack it this week. Think it may be I've got away with degenerate triangles til now for what I've been doing

i've found, tweaked/tightened up lots of stuff too so hopefully, onwards. (pretty sure the changes i made will make the RenderToTexture stuff I deviated on to this from 'just work' (tm) when i recompile it.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014 by Canopy »

Offline Optimus

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Optimouse Demo Site
« Reply #735 on: February 24, 2014 »
Still working on my 486 dos demo, very slowly. First deadline would be for Assembly party (which I may visit this year).
Meanwhile I got hooked by something I want to try, a tiny voxel landscape demo for CPC. I stripped one of my 4k codes on CPC, to make space for maybe 1k unless it's not fitting. I just prepared some pseudocode C and then Z80 that I hope to try tonight. If I don't manage to do for Forever party, I will continue with it for 4k.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 24, 2014 »
(pretty sure the changes i made will make the RenderToTexture stuff I deviated on to this from 'just work' (tm) when i recompile it.

and they do...

so i (finally) have RAW rgb texture stuff (which data input needs to be flipped and put in upside down to come the right way out when used as a texture).

render to texture, where the input data does not need to be flipped as GL writes it to the target texture correctly :)

hmm... whats next...

Offline Kirl

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #737 on: February 26, 2014 »
@optimus voxels always remind me of the old commanche game, it was so awesome att! Loved them ever since.

I've been working on the English for Dutch course on Duolingo. Once that's out of beta we're going to start the Dutch for English version. If you wish to learn another language you'd do well to check it out, it's really quite fun. The app version was picked by apple as it's #1 app of the year, which is amazing considering it's an eduational tool.

Y tambien puedo hablar un poco espanol ahora!  ;D

It's a pretty nifty concept!
[youtube]-Ht4qiDRZE8[/youtube]
www.kirl.nl
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Canopy

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 26, 2014 »
cool. we've used duolingo here.. myself and someone else did spanish for a bit, and another person was doing italian and another german:)

On the topic subject. now i've resolved my RTT issues, my next challenge is the symmetry one here.
Starting with turtle gfx type stuff and evolving it onwards til i run out of time :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014 by Canopy »

Offline Optimus

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Optimouse Demo Site
« Reply #739 on: February 27, 2014 »
Ah, that's interesting. But they don't have Russian lessons yet?
Maybe I'll try the Spanish lessons.
Challenge Trophies Won: