Author Topic: The Welcoming Committee  (Read 271945 times)

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: The Welcoming Comittee
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2006 »
:hi: Rootuid, love the C64 logo with the Raster bars.

Great to have you aboard.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Dad1916

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
    • Quadriga demo group
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2006 »
:hi: Rootuid, love the C64 logo with the Raster bars.

Great to have you aboard.
The Quadriga logo, thats Amiga btw :)

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2006 »
Lots of new registrations during the last week.
Don't be shy folks, feel free and post if you like.  :hi:
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2006 »
Yep an almighty :hi to all the new dudes, thanks and it's great to have you aboard.

Cheers,
Clyde.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline H3r3j3

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
    • My personal webpage
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2006 »
Greetings

I'm a new member, and my dream has always been to make a demo.

I have a bachelors degree in computer science. I'm mainly a webmaster, have been working with Flash for about five years, some PHP, ASP and have a bit of experience with Blitz3D (I made a educational game some years ago)

I'm willing to lear from you guys, and if someone need something i can help you out just ask! ;)

-> Web || Blog <-

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2006 »
Hi H3r3j3, nice introductory post  :hi: to the forum.
The best thing I can suggest is to have a look around the showcase, download some stuff to get some inspiration if you are unsure what you'd like to code first. Choose your language and ask as many questions as you want.
In fact we like questions, no matter how dumb you may think they are or how difficult they are, it's part of what keeps the board going. Lots of people here like helping out budding demo coders.
Hope you stick around.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2006 »
Nice to meet you H3R3JE.
:hi: aboard.
Dont hesitate to ask dude.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline benny!

• DBF Aficionado
  • in this place forever!
    • View Profile
    • bennyschuetz.com - mycroBlog
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2006 »
Welcome H3R3JE.

Enjoy your stay ;-)
[ mycroBLOG - POUET :: whatever keeps us longing - for another breath of air - is getting rare ]

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Blitz Amateur

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2006 »
 :hi: aboard H3r3j3

Offline MrP

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2006 »
Hi Folks...... Its been a while since my last visit to the dbf board, and what a nice surprise to see that Gravity and DBF have got together with this great new site.... Used to code quite a bit in Blitz but I'm getting my teeth stuck into this Freebasic at the moment which is pretty cool. Anyways after a long absence its nice to be back and its nice to see so many familiar names, and quite a few new ones to........ Well off for a browse hope to speak soon......

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2006 »
 :hi: Back and stick around :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2006 »
Hiya Mr P :hi:

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline taj

• Bytes hurt
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Scene there, done that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2006 »
Hello all.

Im the intro fairy, I wave my magic wand and 6 months later an intro appears. Sometimes.
Errr I like chocolate, beer and women with beer and chocolate.
Any crap jokes about flat head and no teeth should be inserted here.
Errr. I know opengl and I can program but Im not a programmer by profession.
I'm actuall a hedghog by profession.
The fleas are hell.

I'm not in any groups (I'm too lame) so when I found this place I was amazed and excited.
I hope to spend some time here.

HELLO!
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2006 »
Hi Taj :)

Welcome to the DBF/GVY board, you sound like you'll fit right in here! Quite a few people who post here are in groups, many are not. It makes no difference, everyone leaves their ego's at the door.

Hope you stick around.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2006 »
:hi: Taj :)

Nice to meet you.

Cheers and all the best,
Clyde.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2006 »
Really cool 1k intros by the way Taj / Sek. :) And props to you for posting your stuff here including the sources, I'm sure that people will learn something from them.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2006 »
hey everyone,

I remmy when I got my first computer(when I was about 14) which was ATARI 65XE (I know it was crappy computer at the time),IÂ  play some game such as star rader, up up and away or Leaper. Then I start look at Atari 65XE Manual which show some programming stuff.....so I decide to check it out and end up making my own car sound =)Â  Then I have forgot how to program them due to great ATARI games such as Gunlet, Joe Blade( I nearly finished it but it was hard), track and fields that got me hooked.

The C64 came along and I ask my mom that I want that for XMAS.....SO I decide to sell ATARI 65XE for C64 computer. The C64 Computer TOTALLY BLEW me away with all those Great games such as TURRICAN 1 and 2, Last NINJA 1 and 2, those sensible software games as well. I didnt program very much due to those great game that drove me but if the C64 Games hadnt be great then I would have done lots of programming.

Then Amiga came along......So I decide sell C64 for Amiga 500Plus,  The amiga was so great with all the game such as SWOS(that game got me hooked), Cannon fodders, Desert Strike, R-TYPE 1 and 2, Aiype(cool shoot em up)

there some programming software that came along which BlitzBasic 2 and Amos( I love doing amos).
I have code all sort of things with Amos such as Starfields, Credits rolling up screen, 2D Racing car game(short one), Horse racing game(where you put bet on horse and see if u win some moneys) .

When the Amiga Died.....I turn my attentions to PC and found Blitzbasic for PC. I have code some demo for it and some game(not lots).  I havnt touch computer for one yrs since last two week and I have to say that I am glad to be back computer and try code somethings simple rather be somethings impossible to code on what I like to do. Yes I can be creative person when come to coding.

It would be funny and wired when Person get so PISSED and code somethings REALLY wired progam.

:cheers:

p.s. I am sorry to WAFFLE too much! lol
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006 by Hotshot »

Offline RageSnax

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2006 »
Hi Guys  :hi:

I am Ragesnax
37 years young
Hobbies
World of Warcraft(get lost in azeroth today)
Horror SciFi fantasy Tv Films Books
Games allsorts ADnD etc
Computers etc
New tech gadgets
Cooking
Music

First introduction to videogames was the arcades and thinking at the time how cool it would be to have at home

first home sys was binatone?( i think) it had preset games like tennis football
first saw a home computer at my cousins a zx81 graphics were blocky but fun was had bomber springs to mind my uncle had an apple or something and we sneaked goes at some sex text adventure .
Sometime l8r my other uncle my dads brother had a cbm pet and started to get involved with computers he wrote a cool snake game that entertained my brothers an me for hours he l8r worked at a computer shop and wrote businness software on the bbc one christmas the shop gave him a bbc b as a present a whole load of games :D fun times Sadly my uncle passed away not long ago :(

Strange but true i really wanted a bbc electron cause of the geekiness i suppose i might learn something but my brothers out voted me for the c64 not cheap at the time but i am glad they won !

C64
First interest in coding sparked by watching the old C64 compunet demo's
obtained from a friend of a friend called toby (checkout thrust C64 title pic Tob is his signature)
loved how ppl could do stuff like open the borders on the c64 .

Tried
C64 basic
Basic lightning
Machine lightning
some others

Atari st
Bought with redundancy money from Christies(yep the auctioneers) if i had got more would of got an amiga tbh but oh hmm
having visited many shops local to my area i found a place in kingston surrey and became friendly with the shop guy there and in turn was introduced to Manikin  Sammy Joe  and the other one(sorry dude !!) aka The Lost Boys.

Tried
Atari st basic
Stos
asm c

Amiga
Having known for a long time about demo's etc i set out to find some and i wasn't disappointed
and a friend called Lfo and myself used to get together drink smoke play games etc he loved his music and eventually music was it for him
as i remember he wrote a few tunes on octamed or the earlier version mainly cos of the midi stuff i believe
l8r on we founded Phuture 303 Lfo changed his name to Phono we had a swedish coder called Parsec(Rip dude) they released a scene mag called Subculture issue4 is on aminet

Tried
Amiga Basic
Amos
AmosPro
Asm C
arexx
and others

Pc
Well what can i say i can play almost any old system i like now and the things i have seen have blown me away tbh
from mini os that u can install on a network card to arcade hardware demos to emulators that show what the other machines could do
(really must look at optimus's cpc demo's) etc

tried
Blitzbasic
Blitzbasic3d
Purebasic
Sdlbasic
C C++ Asm
Freebasic
many others

Gp2x
For a GamesGeek like me this was earmarked for purchase when the gp32 came out i have had it for a while now but for you tech heads here, it is a nice bit of kit if u don't like the front end it is fully customizable even down to writing yr own os !
it also has a great range of Demos(hi optimus) Games Emus and Utils it also plays mp3s n movies aswell .

Tried
Fenix
C

It's a pity that these days consoles n most hardware is never around long enough to be used to it's full potential  making said hardware do tricks it was never designed to do etc and games have lost the magic of years gone by ! Originality  ,  Â Software companies today are scared of such a word.

I love the work everyone does here it is Magic tbh jus like the old days :D Please Keep It UP.

Many Thanks to Shockwave n Clyde for the old forums where i first met some of you

RageSnax
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006 by RageSnax »

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2006 »
Ragesnax, you know what, after all the time you were registered at the old place I never had any idea how into your programming that you've been over the years (and sorry to hear that you lost your Uncle who got you into programming and also Parsec, the swedish coder).

Also interesting is that you are also into developing for the Gp2x, just like Optimus.
I don't think Optimus comes around the boards any more, he freaked out a little bit not so long back and I think he's taking a break. Shame really, I think his posts are missed.

What I now think is that by;

A: Using Ezboard.

and

B: Limiting the choice of language to Blitz

on the old board we missed out on a lot of potential members because of the shit registration process and the downtime and also you are proof that there was a lot that went un-noticed too, you much more interest than Blitz :) It's good that a lot of the core members from before are finding this community and supporting it with their postings and programs :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline taj

• Bytes hurt
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Scene there, done that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2006 »
Hey guys  - nice to see some oldies but goodies here too! A binatone? Wow - respekt!
Challenge Trophies Won: