Author Topic: The Welcoming Committee  (Read 249625 times)

Offline hifi

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
Re: The Welcoming Committee
« Reply #1280 on: March 10, 2020 »
Hey All!

Was deeply involved with the ANSi/ASCii scene in the 90's, ran a few bbs's, was in a few art groups, and warez groups - made a few loaders with a friend and looking to get back into things with my spare time hoping to learn something cool and new from here :)

Thanks,

Offline boogop

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 10, 2020 »
Welcome, hifi! I'm a total sucker for old ascii art in readmes, nfos and what not. I have a collection around here somewhere. And I have fond memories of the old single-line BBSs. Crawl out from under your rock on Friday or Saturday nights, dial up a bbs, read whatev forums, download any new demos that may have appeared, play some tradewars and what not. Seriously good times.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline DaZZaBoY

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 18, 2020 »
Hello all,

Nice to see some oldskool ascii fans in the previous posts.  ;)

Well it's nice to be back on DBF again (hey Shock!) and I'm really picking up the slack on my old forums after a long hiatus. I think its the fact I'm resurrecting an Amiga A500 so I must be getting all nostalgic again.

I haven't really noticed how active this forum is nowadays but I did always prefer forums as a chat medium and they offer more personality than social media groups.