Author Topic: i want to install toolchain  (Read 5449 times)

Offline zoke

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
i want to install toolchain
« on: September 05, 2007 »
hi,
i new developer of psp, and a want to install the toolchain in ubuntu, but it gives me a mistake, this is the error: that I can do?

else \
lib=`${PWDCMD-pwd} | sed -e 's,^.*/\([^/][^/]*\)$,\1,'`; \
for dir in Makefile ; do \
if [ -f ../${dir}/${lib}/Makefile ]; then \
if (cd ../${dir}/${lib}; make "AR=psp-ar" "AR_FLAGS=rc" "CC=/home/arkarian/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.1.0/build-psp/./gcc/xgcc -B/home/arkarian/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.1.0/build-psp/./gcc/ -B/usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/ -B/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/pspdev/psp/include -isystem /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sys-include" "CFLAGS=-O2 -g -O2 " "DESTDIR=" "LIBCFLAGS=-O2 -g -O2 " "EXTRA_OFILES=" "HDEFINES=" "INSTALL=/usr/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_DATA=/usr/bin/install -c -m 644" "INSTALL_PROGRAM=/usr/bin/install -c" "LDFLAGS=" "LOADLIBES=" "RANLIB=psp-ranlib" "SHELL=/bin/sh" "prefix=/usr/local/pspdev" "exec_prefix=/usr/local/pspdev" "libdir=/usr/local/pspdev/lib" "libsubdir=" "tooldir=/usr/local/pspdev/psp" clean); \
then true; \
else exit 1; \
fi; \
else true; \
fi; \
done; \
fi
make[3]: se sale del directorio `/home/arkarian/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.1.0/build-psp/psp/libiberty'
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/home/arkarian/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.1.0/build-psp/psp/libiberty'
test ! -d gcc/libgcc || \
(cd gcc/libgcc && find . -type d -print) | \
while read d; do rm -f gcc/$d/libgcc.a || : ; done
rm -rf gcc/libgcc
rm -f gcc/stmp-dirs
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/arkarian/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.1.0/build-psp'
rm -f *.a TEMP errs core *.o *~ \#* TAGS *.E *.log
svn: Nombre de máquina 'svn.pspdev.org' desconocido
../scripts/006-pspsdk-stage2.sh: Failed.

Offline Jim

• Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: i want to install toolchain
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007 »
Hi Zoke, welcome to the forum :)

I can possibly help you with this, but you might be better asking at forums.ps2dev.org since they developed the toolchain.

Can you tell me what this
svn: Nombre de máquina 'svn.pspdev.org' desconocido
means in Engish?
Google says "Name of machine “svn.pspdev.orgâ€Â? not known", which would be true - the svn server is called svn.ps2dev.org.  However, I can't see how that could have got messed up!

Jim
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline zoke

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007 »
before, it give me other error: not could download gcc-4.1.0, but it is installer, because i put sudo apt-get install gcc, i don't know what is the problem   :-\  i need other library??

Offline va!n

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • http://www.secretly.de
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007 »
welcome zoke
- hp EliteBook 8540p, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 x64
- Asus P5Q, Intel Q8200, 6 GB DDR2, Radeon 4870, Windows 8.1 x64
http://www.secretly.de
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline benny!

• DBF Aficionado
  • in this place forever!
    • View Profile
    • bennyschuetz.com - mycroBlog
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007 »
Yeah.  :hi: on board!
[ mycroBLOG - POUET :: whatever keeps us longing - for another breath of air - is getting rare ]

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Jim

• Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007 »
before, it give me other error: not could download gcc-4.1.0, but it is installer, because i put sudo apt-get install gcc, i don't know what is the problem     i need other library??
No - you need to have gcc installed to build the toolchain, and apt-get install gcc will do that, but during making the toolchain another version of binutils(2.16.1), gcc(4.1.0), newlib(1.15.0), gdb(6.4), insight(6.4) is downloaded and installed.  For each of these packages the toolchain install script downloads the source code for these from ftp://ftp.gnu.org.
eg.
Code: [Select]
wget --continue ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.1.0/gcc-4.1.0.tar.bz2 Then it applies the pspsdk patch to that source, then it builds and installs it.  This version of gcc will be called 'psp-gcc'.
So if it won't download gcc-4.1.0 from ftp://ftp.gnu.org then you won't be able to build the pspsdk.  The two possibilities for that are that either you don't have wget installed or that ftp.gnu.org was or is inaccessible to you.

Have you made any changes to the scripts?  Looks like you are failing at stage 6 which is pspsdk which means gcc-4.1.0 was already built, but if it didn't download, that's impossible.

Jim
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007 by Jim »
Challenge Trophies Won: