Author Topic: RPG Game  (Read 2520 times)

Offline marclurr

• C= 64
    • View Profile
RPG Game
« on: June 07, 2006 »
In case anyone's interested, here is the current status of my RPG game I'm working on.

You can cause damage to the player by pressing the D key, this was just to test the damage calculation, though

(Right click > Save Target As)
Download

Thanks,
Mark-O

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: RPG Game
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006 »
Looking cool :) The collisions are working well, I couldn't walk through any trees anyway.
You need to get the diagonal movement in and also it seems a little wierd that the player turns to face you each time you stop moving but all in all it's looking nice. I realise that you're probably still working on the control routine anyway so I'll STFU if you like ;)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline marclurr

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006 »
haha I thought it looked funny where he turns to face you each time, I'll fix that at some stage. I originally had him/her doing a walking movement when it was standing still, just looked rediculous. I've quite proud of my damage calculation formula though :D just got a little something to add to it. The movement is a little rigid, but I only have four directions of movement, so it would look a bit dodgy the character moving left-down, but facing left, or down..

Thanks for the feedback though :-)

Mark-O

Offline Rbz

• Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rbraz.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006 »
Nice progress dude!

Well done   :)
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006 »
It's looking really good isn't it? I can't wait to hack up some monsters in this :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline marclurr

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006 »
Heh, well there are monsters on the screen now, I need to get them to randomize not on trees/water..it's proving difficult but meh. I've added an enemy selecton thing to it. You just click the enemy you want to target and press Q to deselect an enemy. I want to disable the mouse when an enemy is selected, but can't figure out how to do this. I haven't added attacking enemies yet. I changed the controls to WASD for easier/quicker-ness.

I could only upload the .rar file for some reason, but here it is if anyone's interestedd..

Download

Right click Save Target As..

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006 »
Looking cool :)
You can select multiple enemies btw. Is it going to be like that when it's done?
Anyway I like it, I still think it should have diagonal movement (rotate your sprites in any paint package) and cursor keys are easier to control the player.
It really is looking great though, well done.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline marclurr

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006 »
Yeah I knew you could select two enemies at once, I just couldn't think of any way of disabling it thoug, lol. Got it fixed now. and I changed the movement back to the cursor keys, thanks to your feedback :-) I'm going to work on the attacking and stuff now I think, and maybe even add in the diagonal movement ;-)

Thanks,
Mark-O

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006 »
Excellent :)
Believe me, the diagonal movement will make a big difference if you can get it working.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006 »
Thats fab mate. Looking really neat. If you created those gfx even more top praise.

Going diagonal would be a sinch dude, all you'd need to do is check for If Key(203) And Key(200) then dir=5 etc. But you probably knew that anyhow.

I did notice that the main player sometimes flickers, would appear to me as if it's display a blank here and there. Usually when you stop moving this happens. It maybe my eye sight failing, and appologize if so.

All the best dude,
Cheers Clyde.

Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Phoenix

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006 »
Could anyone upload a compiled version? I don't have Blitz any more.