Author Topic: [TRANSITION] alphablending on crack  (Read 8618 times)

Offline mind

• Texture-San
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • boredom is a beatiful thing.
Re: [TRANSITION] alphablending on crack
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008 »
First exe works fine with dos box, and the second one runs as it should in vista.

Nice transitions, good blending.

in dosbox it lagged like hell though, probably because Dosbox stopped it from getting 100% cpu power, does anyone know how to fix that?

acually, that lag is because dosbox has really bad support for 16bit dos(a.k.a REAL mode :))
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline ninogenio

• Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008 »
thanks for the update mind the transitions look really cool.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Optimus

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Optimouse Demo Site
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008 »
I quite like this one. The transition mask is better than my plasma one and the 3 different kinds of transitions with the color fade makes it interesting. Is it perlin noise or a fractal generated texture or something?
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline mind

• Texture-San
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • boredom is a beatiful thing.
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008 »
I quite like this one. The transition mask is better than my plasma one and the 3 different kinds of transitions with the color fade makes it interesting. Is it perlin noise or a fractal generated texture or something?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not quite sure.. It's something i found laying around in my code folders but knowing what kind of stuff I normally code I'm willing to bet that it's some kind of experimental noise function with some blobs and distortion :)

in dosbox it lagged like hell though, probably because Dosbox stopped it from getting 100% cpu power, does anyone know how to fix that?

Paul, go thru your dosbox.conf and change your core=auto and cycles=auto to: core=dynamic and: cycles=max and that should fix the dosbox problems..
Challenge Trophies Won: