Author Topic: Irrlicht Wrapper For EBASIC  (Read 2213 times)

Offline PapaSmurf

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
    • Grandpa Scott's Country Cookin'
Irrlicht Wrapper For EBASIC
« on: June 02, 2008 »
I am looking for a wrapper for the Irrlicht Engine to use in Emergence Basic. I have a wrapper for FreeBASIC but would prefer to be able to use EBasic. If anyone knows where I can find what I'm looking for I would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks. :clap:
Are You Rapture Ready?

Offline Rbz

• Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Irrlicht Wrapper For EBASIC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008 »
Hmm, seems to me that no one here knows "EBasic". Probably you will need to do it yourself :)
Why not just use freebasic, it is really powerful basic compiler, easy to use and have a great community.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline PapaSmurf

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008 »
I am using FreeBASIC with an Irrlicht wrapper and I am now attempting to convert the FreeBASIC wrapper to Emergence Basic. Emergence Basic is a great compiler and seems to be faster than FreeBASIC, but thats just my opinion. If I manage to create a wrapper for use by Emergence, I will post it here for anyone to use to give EBasic a try. Thanks  :cheers:
Are You Rapture Ready?

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008 »
Emergence Basic is a great compiler and seems to be faster than FreeBASIC, but thats just my opinion. If I manage to create a wrapper for use by Emergence, I will post it here for anyone to use to give EBasic a try. Thanks  :cheers:

Faster in what sense? :)
Do you find that Emergence Basic is generally faster all round?

I would be really interested to see wome Ebasic source, and of course any tests you have done would be great to see how they compare.

I have never seen anything written in Ebasic, but as always I am really interested in any programming language!
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline PapaSmurf

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008 »
Emergence BASIC Version 1.598  (Now Distributed as Freeware)

It's a free download of about 8.5 MB  DL: www.IonicWind.com  :updance:

Emergence BASIC (EBASIC) is a new 32-bit compiler from Ionic Wind Software featuring an integrated development environment and a syntax similar to the BASIC programming language.

Emergence BASIC can create small, fast, native Windows executables and DLLs and supports all 32-bit Windows versions. The environment is modular with new commands available separately using add-on command libraries. An advanced 2D game and graphics command library, and database command library is included. Supports both procedural and Object Oriented Programming.

No external runtimes are needed to distribute software created with Emergence BASIC and no royalties or fees ever on anything you create.

Are You Rapture Ready?

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008 »
Crumbs!

I just downloaded it and I have been looking at the examples.
If anyone wants a natural successor to Blitz, this is it.

Speed wise, the 2D commands do not seem in the same league as Freebasic, but there's loads of scope here, inline assembly language too :D

Exe size is a bit big and it seems to pack the exes for you, but they are smaller than fb and anyone looking for an easier starting point than Freebasic could do well to look at this.

I really like the ease that you can use DirectX with this language as well.

K+ Papasmurf, what a great find this language is :)
I'll surely try and write some kind of intro with it for fun.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline PapaSmurf

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008 »
Hey Shockwave! This really is a great basic. Anything you can come up with using EBasic, I would be interested in seeing. Also, I'm currently in the process of converting the FreeBASIC wrapper for the Irrlicht Engine to Emergence Basic and will post it for all when completed.  :clap:
Are You Rapture Ready?