Author Topic: Bmax TinyPTC test  (Read 1267 times)

Offline TinDragon

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • J2K's blog
Bmax TinyPTC test
« on: July 22, 2006 »
Ok I made a simple random pixel test exe in bmax to see if it works for others. I cant see any reason why it wont but if you could run the exe and see if it works, ESC to exit. Hopefully if all goes well we can get some Bmax pixel pushing effects going to. Should be fairly easy to convert some of the FB examples over and thanks to Druggedbunny for posting the bmax lib :)

Cheers
Jon

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Bmax TinyPTC test
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006 »
Works well :)
Nice and small exe too. What res is that in Jon? It looks like a decent res!
I wonder what sort of file size you'd end up with if you included a chip tune? Fancy giving it a try?
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline TinDragon

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • J2K's blog
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006 »
Its at 640*480 res.  As far as including a tune, well Bmax doesnt have inbuilt fmod support so I would have to use an external player like fmod.dll or Bass.dll which of course would up the file size just as it does with FB. There is a mod on the offical forums thats meant to play .mod files but I haven't really looked at it. However, it might be possible to get minifmod working in bmax which would be a way to get rid of an external dll to play mod music.

O0

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006 »
It makes Bmax a very viable choice for making demos if minifmod is able to be included, one thing I will say for Bmax  is that the refresh rate is steady.
I never thought you could make a bmax exe as small as 12.5kb, I've had my eyes opened today.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline TinDragon

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • J2K's blog
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006 »
Unlike the older Blitz compilers, you can choose which modules to include into the exe, so if your not using it you dont include it. Since TinyPTC is handling the whole graphics side of the app I dont need to include any of bmax's graphics stuff, infact I only included the base bmax module and the random number module :)