Author Topic: Forum Politics  (Read 1901 times)

Offline rain_storm

• Here comes the Rain
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Rain never hurt nobody
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
Forum Politics
« on: November 23, 2011 »
Thank God this place doesn't dabble in politics.

By politics I mean all that BS that goes with the elitist mentality. You know what I mean, a few popular members with lots of bandwagon supporters. I'm a member of two forums and was unaware of the bitter feud between the two that has been going on for years. At first both forums were the same community but two popular members had a falling out and it caused a huge rift in the community. Now both sides claim the others are jerks. While I'm lurking there and thinking you're both as bad as each other. Bunch of Elitist noobie bashers.

Anyway's I recently befriended two of the popular guys, one from each side. This has stirred up all those bitter feelings once again. Now I have each of them trying to convince me that the other guy can't be trusted. I'm trying my best to stay out of it but it ain't that easy. So now I'm thinking of just walking away from the whole situation.

That got me thinking of this place. There's never been any kind of issues like that here. The Admins and the Moderators have done a bang up job of keeping this community together. I look back at all the years I've been here and I think I can only remember 1 instance of trolling which lasted all of 1 post before it was kicked to the curb.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline benny!

• DBF Aficionado
  • in this place forever!
    • View Profile
    • bennyschuetz.com - mycroBlog
Re: Forum Politics
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011 »
Nothing more to add than I agree to 100%!
[ mycroBLOG - POUET :: whatever keeps us longing - for another breath of air - is getting rare ]

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011 »
Firstly, I’m sorry of course that you have found yourself in the middle of an argument between these two guys… It's peaceful here though - there have been one or two skirmishes over the years but they’ve always been sorted out.

We’re a fairly small community, but it’s a nice place to be – mainly because of people like yourself who can see the value in a place where everyone leaves their ego outside the door and shares what they know freely.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline combatking0

• JavaScript lives!
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011 »
I've seen that happen in another forum. The forum founder there was a decent enough bloke, but the busiest posters were a bunch of cnuts who couldn't spell sentences without throwing in obscure abbreviations or replacing letters with numbers.

The meanings of their ridiculous messages didn't put me off - "STFU" just looks like a drunken slap on the kayboard. It was their complete lack of any ability to get their hatred of new members across clearly. If you're going to do something, even if it's bad, it's best done properly so as not to waste everyone's time.

The complete lack of anything like that here is what makes this community a great place to learn new coding tricks.
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Voltage

• Professor
  • Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011 »
I think it helps that everyone here knows that I'm the best.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline ferris

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • Youth Uprising Home
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011 »

Bingo ;D
http://iamferris.com/
http://youth-uprising.com/

Where the fun's at.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline benny!

• DBF Aficionado
  • in this place forever!
    • View Profile
    • bennyschuetz.com - mycroBlog
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011 »

No doubt about that, Master Voltage! ;-)
[ mycroBLOG - POUET :: whatever keeps us longing - for another breath of air - is getting rare ]

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline combatking0

• JavaScript lives!
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011 »
The n00b5 should keep away, and not bother Voltage, since he's the 733test person on the internet. ;)
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Voltage

• Professor
  • Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011 »
It's lonely up here. ;)

Thank God this place doesn't dabble in politics.

That got me thinking of this place. There's never been any kind of issues like that here. The Admins and the Moderators have done a bang up job of keeping this community together. I look back at all the years I've been here and I think I can only remember 1 instance of trolling which lasted all of 1 post before it was kicked to the curb.

Well said.  This is a relaxed non elitist place to hang out and talk code.  Thanks to Shockwave and the mods for keeping it on track... and active for so long.
Challenge Trophies Won: