Author Topic: Introductions and Greetings  (Read 1225 times)

Offline kree8

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
Introductions and Greetings
« on: January 06, 2014 »
Firstly my respect to the mods and admins of this forum, thank you for your efforts. Salutations to all. Currently I am a point of sale software/hardware technician. I hail from South Africa and I'm proud of my country, I know recently our nation has been in the spotlight since the passing of our Madiba and in his words, "...we are a nation full of potential..." it is my hope to someday teach under privileged kids the joys of programming and building things with their imaginations. For a child who can barely survive through the day, to put a pixel on the screen and make it move 10 steps then right... And eventually spell out initials, is an awesome sense of achievement to them.

I have always been fascinated by demos. My first introduction was in the early 90's, I remember names like future crew, razor911, asphyxia(who is also South African, I wonder where he is?) it was amazing to see the visuals, the story, the journey, the music, it was a total out of this world experience for a nerdy teen. Obviously I started to ask, how was that done.

I alta vistaD? Read some tutorials, tried assembly coding but ultimately gave up. Due to some hectic recent events I am making a serious attempt into getting into programming. I want to start with demo coding for android, hopefully I chose the correct sub forum, forgive me if I did not, I'm also a newbie to forums. I Have not come across any documentation or tutorials for  demo coding for android, help in this regard will be highly appreciated but I am looking into a game development engine called libgdx

I also understand and respect that this is an art and takes years to master, I am prepared, disciplined and focused to make that journey. I look forward to being part of this community and sharing my adventures or misadventures.

Offline ninogenio

• Pentium
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions and Greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014 »
hi kree8,

android coding is something very new too me too.

The libgdx you gave a heads up too looks very useful so k+ for that thanks!

i for the first time last night set a development enviroment on my tablet called AIDE and built a little opengl es native example directly on my device it all went very smoothly :)

please post any problems or success you may have and i will do the same :cheers:

thanks..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014 by ninogenio »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Raizor

• Founder Member
  • Pentium
    • View Profile
    • Raizor's Dev Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014 »
Great introduction kree8, welcome to DBF :)

Altavista, damn that brings back some search engine memories! Kewlers recently released an Android invitation to NVScene 2014, so there's certainly some demoscene activity on Android. I've no personal experience with it though, but I'm sure there's some info on the net somewhere. Good luck, looking forward to following your progress :)
raizor

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline emook

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014 »
Welcome to DBF!

I only found this forums a few months ago but the guys here are so friendly and encouraging it's a great place to share ideas and try to show off.

I've learnt so much through the help and advice of the people on here, they're a top bunch and I am sure you will soon be hooked :)

;)
----

R Tape loading error, 0:1