Author Topic: Java processing 2.1  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
Java processing 2.1
« on: January 13, 2014 »
I just found this by accident

http://processing.org/examples/

You can download it and it does have own Editor where if you want code own :)

Choose code example from links I gave ya then copy it then paste to Editor then Run it!

or

From Menu.....Click File then Example as it got ton of Examples from Basic to library(yes, it does have demo example!)

No Library added need !!!

It is really good !

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014 by combatking0 »

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Java processing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014 »
I just been playing round Image zooming and Streching in matter of mins !

Next DEMO Comp eh? heh heh who know  ;D

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014 »
Really Useful for learning things :)

http://wiki.processing.org/w/Main_Page

There another one

http://www.funprogramming.org/

P.S.  Hey Mod, Can you change the title Java Processing to Processing 2.1 Please..cheers
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014 by Hotshot »

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014 »
I using Mouse random movement coding then I export it to compiler the demo itself you know .exe files which is 56KB ! WOW  :o

I will make futher progress to see where take me because it is amazing programming language itself !

Offline combatking0

• JavaScript lives!
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
Re: Javascript processing 2.1
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014 »
That's an excellent resource! K++
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline ninogenio

• Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014 »
can i ask in simple terms, what's this processing thing all about? i skimmed through the links there but i am not fully understanding what its all about.
cheers
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Hotshot

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014 »
can i ask in simple terms, what's this processing thing all about? i skimmed through the links there but i am not fully understanding what its all about.

Processing is a programming language, development environment, and online community. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology. Initially created to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach computer programming fundamentals within a visual context, Processing evolved into a development tool for professionals. Today, there are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production.

Free to download and open source
Interactive programs with 2D, 3D or PDF output
OpenGL integration for accelerated 3D
For GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
Over 100 libraries extend the core software
Well documented, with many books available

http://processing.org/

Offline ninogenio

• Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014 »
ahh thanks hotshot.. i will make a point of having a little shot at some point. i like too try my hand at as many languages as possible  :cheers:
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Yaloopy

• Death From Above
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • UltraPaste
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014 »
Re: the thread title: I think we're all getting a bit confused with Java/script. Processing is based on Java. To quote Jim in the other thread:

Java - object oriented, compiled (to bytecode) language, which runs on the Java Virtual Machine.  Can make executable programs as well as run in a plugin in some web browsers
JavaScript/ECMAScript/js - interpreted script language implemented by most browsers, usually delivered in web pages though engines like Node.js can execute javascript on display-less servers (in the same way servers run PHP).  Unrelated except by name to Java.
JScript, JScript.NET - Microsoft's bastardisations of JavaScript
JQuery - a javascript library which provides an API which hides away browser differences. eg. document.getElementByName('id') becomes $('id') and will work on all browsers.

Crystal clear ;)

cheers
I know Hotshot has replied above, but just to add to this: I believe it's original aim was to provide a relatively simple programming language and environment with built in graphical capabilities to make coding more accessible to creative types who might not be so hot on code. I think the idea is that you can create data visualisations, etc. and create shiny visuals to go along your new arduino, etc based gizmo without worrying about too much set up.

There are lots of interesting projects on their site.

Quote from: processing.org
Processing seeks to ruin the careers of talented designers by tempting them away from their usual tools and into the world of programming and computation. Similarly, the project is designed to turn engineers and computer scientists to less gainful employment as artists and designers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014 by Yaloopy »
Fuck L. Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline ninogenio

• Pentium
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014 »
ahh that makes a lot of sense thanks Yaloopy! i will definitely be checking it out once i get my current projects finished. cheers!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014 by ninogenio »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline combatking0

• JavaScript lives!
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014 »
Re: the thread title: I think we're all getting a bit confused with Java/script. Processing is based on Java.

Sorry, my fault - I changed the title of the first post at Hotshot's request, but mistakenly thought he was discussing JavaScript. I've changed it back.
:trans:
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won: