Author Topic: PLATOO! A tiro skeet game (Demo)  (Read 3596 times)

Offline SERGIO_ManOwaR_

• C= 64
    • View Profile
PLATOO! A tiro skeet game (Demo)
« on: September 07, 2017 »
Hello! This is my presentation to purebasic forum.
I've been coding for yabasic so many years and recently discovered purebasic and give it a try... and soon started to code demos and stuff... it's a good step from yabasic.
I will like to share this little demo of a game started to develop at the same time learning languaje so it's simple but works ok. It's called PLATOO! and it's about shooting skeet.

[DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE END OF TOPIC. Since .exe is 22mb and forum's attachments can't exceed 10mb i've uploaded to MEGA]

Unfortunately i've lost latest versions and source code so i decided to share the latest .exe i have from the game, before to start building levels and objectives and even before i got a clear idea of what to do with this game.
It basically consist in the main loop where you can shoot skeets until out of ammo in a few random escenaries.
No objetives nor game progression sadly, but you can beat the hi score for each escenary and records will be saved to file.

Controls are mouse/keyboard or gamepad. If default gamepad controls don't satisfy you can edit the joystick pressing [J] in game. (Changes will be saved to file and loaded automatically next time if gamepad plugged)

Let's go for the important INFO:

OPTIONS:
 * Languajes: You can choose SPANISH/ENGLISH at the very first screen of the game. Result will be saved to file.
 * Controls: You can use mouse/keyboard or a gamepad. If you want to use gamepad plugg it before game or
     change escenary to autodetect. Move analog sticks to all directions before play to detect the sticks's limits.
    Personalice joystick pressing [J]. Changes will be saved to file.

CONTROLS:
 * IN GAME:
     -MOUSE LEFT=SHOT
     -MOUSE RIGHT=RELOAD
     -[INTRO]=PAUSE
     -[ESC]=EXIT GAME/REPLAY
     -[C]=Continue (to next random escenary)
     -[W]=Watch instant replay (after play)
     -[R]=Repeat current escenary
     -[1],[2]=Select spanish/english in real time
      You can delete a record after beated it [H], also you can delete the records.dat file and all records will be
       cleared

* Windows 32 bit (it may work on 64 bit or maybe not i dunno)

PERFORMANCE:
 * Game intended to run at 60 FPS. You can chek FPS by pressing [RIGHT CAPS]+[F]
 * Resolution: It works in 600*400. If your screen doesn't support will auto switch to standard 640*480

FEATURES:
 * Give it a try!! I think it's nice game, simple and effective.
 * Included some awesome .wav tunes from movies and shows probably well knowed.
 * Any changes on config, controls or records will be saved to same folder attached to .exe so i suggest to keep
     PLATOO.exe in a folder.

PROBLEMS RESOLUTION:
 * WARNING! Suspend pc or exit fullscreen mode may cause game crash or stucked. If you can't return to
     fullscreen mode you probably need to terminate .exe [CTRL]+[CAPS]+[ESC] I've tryed to follow instructions of
     purebasic about this but at the moment i don't know how to do it.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS! Hope enjoy this little game... and comments are welcome!

DOWNLOAD .EXE HERE:
https://mega.nz/#F!YLYGyToT!g9MSL-t6-w0uwXZjrB05WA

Offline SERGIO_ManOwaR_

• C= 64
    • View Profile
Re: PLATOO! A tiro skeet game (Demo)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017 »
I've just downloaded and try it and it works ok.
Since it's an .exe not signed maybe windows don't let you run it depending on your config.
I got the message from smartscreen filter, needed to clik on more info then run it anyway.
it's just a purebasic compilation but RUN IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, of course.
It will start in fullscreen mode. If your screen resolution is not compatible (wich i doubt) it will
probably crash or don't run at all. Anyway if you have any problem or game crash or stuck remember to press
[CTRL]+[CAPS]+[ESC] and terminate it manually.
i've just tried it in an acer and hp notebooks
  and in my desktop medion pc, win 7 32 and win 10 64 and it was perfect 60 FPS
I've also tried in a friend's old notebook updated to win 8 64 bits and it worked at 13 fps... in that case i can't do nothing.
Hope everything be ok for all!

Offline ~Ar-S~

• C= 64
  • Demo RuleZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018 »
It works fine. Fun game. A bit of lag with High Dpi Mouse to move the target (as usual in PB fulscreen with  that kind of mouse)..  :clap:
~ Ar-S ~

Offline SERGIO_ManOwaR_

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018 »
It works fine. Fun game. A bit of lag with High Dpi Mouse to move the target (as usual in PB fulscreen with  that kind of mouse)..  :clap:

Ey, thanks for trying!

I've uploaded to purebasic official forum and everybody was so scared of an .exe... really piss me off and quit my wishes to coding for purebasic...  probably won't work on it anymore, just wanted to share and read some opinions so thanks again!

Offline waste

• C= 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018 »
hello,

works fine too on intel NUC i5 with chipset Intel HD Graphics 5000, Win 8.1 enterprise  x64

thanks,

Offline ~Ar-S~

• C= 64
  • Demo RuleZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018 »
I've uploaded to purebasic official forum and everybody was so scared of an .exe... really piss me off and quit my wishes to coding for purebasic...  probably won't work on it anymore, just wanted to share and read some opinions so thanks again!
That's true..
If you haven't post a lot's of code before, they will be very paranoiac ^^ (do you post it to Annoncement ?)
But don't stop coding in PB for that. It's a good and fun language.
Cya
~ Ar-S ~