Author Topic: [C++] help using uFMOD in Code::Blocks (Solved, Example attached!)  (Read 357 times)

Offline ViL

• Avocado lover 🥑
  • C= 64
    • View Profile
Hii, there's been a lots of obstacles on my first intro making BUT most of them have been resolved either by trying hard or looking for threads on forums

BUT this time i can't find the answer anywhere, so i ask your help to solve this puzzle

on my main.c project (Code::Blocks always create it with .c when using the OpenGL Project template BUT i still use C++ on it) i have included this ufmod.h header:

https://pastebin.com/raw/UMuqxB6h (Note that it specifies Compiler: Visual C, Dev-C++ BUT i want to use Code::Blocks :c)

and have this function to play music
Code: [Select]
    /* music function */
      void play_xm(){
      uFMOD_PlaySong((char*)1, 0, XM_RESOURCE);
    }

and of course, call it inside of the main() function with play_xm();

also i have included a main.rc resource file to the project with not much besides the xm song data i want to play is the one that comes in the jmp2pat.rc of the uFMOD examples, also i kept the example's comments on it for now

https://pastebin.com/raw/fQDRwAVP

and when i run it, it pops the following error at building

Code: [Select]
||=== Build: Release in test (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
obj\Release\main.o:main.c|| undefined reference to `uFMOD_PlaySong@12|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|
||=== Build failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 6 second(s)) ===|

though, if i comment the play_xm(); function on main() it compiles with no errors nor warnings

can someone help me please? thanks a lot in advance! :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018 by ViLXDRYAD »

Offline Rbz

• Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rbraz.com/
Re: [C++] help using uFMOD in Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018 »
Hi ViLXDRYAD,

You will need to include and link "ufmod.obj" and "winmm.lib" files for it to work.

I've never used code::blocks, but I think it should be easy for you to find the linker project page.

Usually you will find the file "ufmod.obj" on the same directory of "ufmod.h" which is:
"ufmod\WinMM\src\ufmod.obj"
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline ViL

• Avocado lover 🥑
  • C= 64
    • View Profile
Re: [C++] help using uFMOD in Code::Blocks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018 »
Yoo, Rbz! :D thanks for your reply; i already found the solution and it turned out harder than i expected

had to use the WinMM.Lib that come in the Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 instead of the one bundled in the ufmod-1.25.2a-win32.7z for it to work! :D that ufmod version comes along this zip too = p

also used the ufmod.h from \Example\C\WinMM\src folder and the ufmod.lib frfom the \Example\Masm32\WinMM folder! :D just copied them to the project folder, linked them and it works like a charm! =' D so i uploaded a working project example of uFMODLib on Code::Blocks for everyone else that is struggling with this! +O+

IMPORTANT

I linked both WinnMM.Lib and ufmod.h to the project using my own full paths! you must delete them in the Project tab > Build options... > Linker Libraries and add them both once more from there BUT using you own paths to the library this time for it to work!

thanks for your help too, and if you ever are into C++ programming, i'd totally recommend you Code::Blocks IDE! x3 it is the best one i have used so far, any doubt anyone have about this example please reply here and i'll try to answer asap :) hope this helps! x3
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018 by ViLXDRYAD »