Author Topic: Aggression / D-Bug remake  (Read 94 times)

Offline KrazyK

• Amiga 1200
    • View Profile
    • KrazyK Remakes
Aggression / D-Bug remake
« on: November 09, 2019 »
A long time ago, in a living room far, far away...

Actually back in August 2015 I downloaded this really cool fullscreen ST cracktro and thought I would have a go at remaking it but I never quite managed to pull it off as it had a big scroller that bounced in sync with a beat on one of the music channels.  Try as I might I couldn't work it out. It always started ok but soon got out of sync.  Lots of mathematical calculations were deployed and lots of hair pulled out.  So last year I got in touch with the author, !Cube, who sent me his original 68000 code to look at and explained that the tune had a control code (zync code) that controlled the y position of the bounce!  Dammit!!
I had already ripped the fonts and bounce data and coded the cool text writer before I got my hands on the 68k code but looking at it really helped but I still couldn't get it right.  >:(
I've actually lost count at the number of times i've dug this remake out and put it back down again - but one day at work last week, when I was supposed to be working, I had a brainwave, and the second I got in from work I tested it out and  - Hoo-Fookin-Rah!  It worked!!
Tested it on 2 completely different PCs and it's working ok - let me know if it works on yours.

Once i've made sense of my very old PB code, as it's been a while since I started it, i'll comment it and post it.  There's lots of crap in there that doesn't need to be there, i'm sure.

[edit]
noticed a slight error in the text writer that is now fixed in the new exe.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019 by KrazyK »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline ~Ar-S~

• C= 64
  • Demo RuleZ
    • View Profile
Re: Aggression / D-Bug remake
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019 »
Is works on my little big monster.
(Ryzen 3700 + GTX 1080 powered by windows 10 x64)
~ Ar-S ~