Dark Bit Factory & Gravity
GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: relsoft on January 19, 2007
-
Tech:
Realtime effects(plasmas, tunnels, mode7, lensmapping) in palleted 8 bit.
Listbased barrages
Pixel perfect collisions
Yo 1000101, I hope you don't mind that I used some base code from you PPCD. I converted it to my liking.
Updated:
1/18/2006(Rel)
1. Added the Deflector shield(star trek phrase)
Now Rhemi does not have a laser but a deflector shield.
Uses radial lens mapping (realtime) to achieve a jelly-like effect
reflects the enemies' bullets back with 3x the energy
very powerful if you know how to use it.
2. Fixed some bugs.
3. Reordered rendering of objects
1. boss
2. enemies
3. players
4. bullets
5. explosions
6. lasers and deflector shield
1/16/2006 (by AAP):
----------------------------------------------------------
1. Adjusted the score displays by removing the commas to
make it look MUCH more professional and arcade-like,
just like in the Cave/Toaplan games!!! d=^-^=b !
2. Adjusted the score system to enable you to score 10pts.
per enemy hit with your shots, with extra additional
points added for EVERY enemy destroyed.
3. Successfully added a new parallax map by me. ;)
4. Changed only the keyboard controls for the fire/ikalaser/
option formation buttons for Player 1 to make things a
little easier. ;) !
5. Added FULL gamepad support for both players, including
those for analogue controllers too!!! \(^_-)/
Download here:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/junk.php?id=84
Marvelous Twilight
Project Data:
Full name:
Marvelous Twilight
Current status:
Engine: (99% finished)
Art: (70+% finished)
Music: (0% finished)
Year of planning / development:
2006
Tools of the Trade:
Freebasic / GFXlib 2 for FB /GLFW
Mappy as Map Editor
PP256 and Gimp as sprite editor
Full credits:
Programming: Relsoft, Adigun A. Polack , DR.D
Artwork: Adigun A. Polack
Game concept and design: Relsoft/Adigun A. Polack
Music: None yet
Credits to:
Eric Cowles(1000101) for some collision base-code.
Download available:
FreeBASIC version (http://rel.betterwebber.com/junk.php?id=84)
Comments:
Our own entry to the Shmup-Dev Autofire Shooter Compo. (http://www.shmup-dev.com/forum/index.php?page=13)
A 2 player manic-shooter in the likes of Strikers 1945, Dodon Patchi and a cute-em-up from the likes of Parodius and Harmful Park.
Screenshots:
(http://rel.betterwebber.com/images/projects/rel/mt1.png)
(http://rel.betterwebber.com/images/projects/rel/mt2.png)
:*)
-
Awesome ... there's is definately a lot of action going on on the screen :clap:
Runs smooth here and looks very professional.
The gfx is very good, too.
Looking forward to see the final with sound.
-
relsoft,
That looks completely amazing - I'm in awe! The amount of work must be incredible. Can you say anything about how much time you had to work on this?
-
absoultly awsome stuff relsoft!!!!!!
big thumbs up and karma+ :goodpost:
btw rel have you done any gba visual ham programing before as there is a lot of the stuff that looks familiar eg mappy as map editor and the way the backgrounds / sprites are done too. im just curious :)
-
WOW! :clap:
-
Update: (Dang board takes eons to load here)
1/19/2006 (Rel)
Same link as above.
1. Fixed the ghost-hit bug that eluded me for a while
* In the barrage to player collision, the player's frame is not 0 and
the image is is not image_collide.
2. Added support for multiple levels
3. Death for player when it collides
4. Flyoff from screen after killing the boss
5. Exploding everything after the boss is killed
6. Strikers 1945-like change-target for objects done.
7. RFG done. Including the RFG status animations
8. You can only activate Rhemi's shield or Teija's laser if you have a full RFG
Thanks for the comment guys.
taj: If I had worked everyday and didn't get sick for a while. I would guess about 2 months at 2 hours a night. The compo runs a for 4 months but I got sick in the middle of december and november was spent making my exams all together. But right now when it's crunch-time, I spend like 4 hours a day coding this baby as the compo ends on Jan 31st.
Nino: Nope no GBA experience. Just put in some effects I should have put in a demo. So this is just not a game but a demo also. :*)
I used only procedural calls to emulate OO(via funk pointers, and MACRO abuse). Makes things a little easier to manage ala C. Although the new FB(in CVS) would have made it much more easier with Methods, properties, private and public members.
As for the music, I'll let AAP do the honors. I suck at music making and music programming. LOL
-
Cool game Relsoft and some equally cool graphics from Adigun.
Welldone,
Clyde.
-
great one relsoft and co :clap:
-
Adigun's graphics are excellent too! Needs a great music score and some kick ass sfx to do it justice. Really nice arcade shooter. Good luck in the comp!
-
Yeah, Adigun rocks!!! You just won't believe that its just 256 colors. :*)
Anyways...
Update:
Update:
1/21/2006 (Rel)
1. Made an object map editor
controls: Mouse = move
Arrow R/L: map scroll
Arrow U/D: Rotate enemies
f1 = save
f2 = load
f3 = load stage
2. Added more enemies
3. Followers of each enemy can be animated via angles
4. Allowed each cannon to be attached to each follower(pointer magic)
5. Allowed each enemy to do a kamikaze
6. lasers and homing also targets followers
7. New boss AI and barrages
(http://fileanchor.com/88445-r.jpg)
Download here:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/junk.php?id=84
BTW, tell me if it's "manic" enough. :*)
Thanks for trying.
-
man thats awsome!!
it always amazes me your bullet hell engine in action!
ohh btw its manic enough ;)
-
The game is incredible. It really is, the graphics are beautiful and the programing is super slick, ran without a hitch here 57fps 1.83 ghz centrino dual core (no gfx card).
It's fucking difficult though and I mean, really mind bogglingly tough.
It's harder than Project X! :)
It should win though, it will be hard to top this.
-
Thanks guys, we just wanted to represent FB in the compo. :*)
Project-X? Link? I'm interested in hard manic shooters.
-
Project X was a mental shooter on the Amiga by Team 17 :)
-
Download:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/junk.php?id=84
1/25/2007 (Rel)
1. Updated the editor "C" = invisble, "F" = has followers
2. New enemies
3. Intro
1. Plasma
2. Mode 7
3. Plasma Sprite
4. Jelly mapping
5. Warp tunnel
Intro screens:
-
As usual Rel, those intro screens are beautifully done, they run real smooth and have a fantastic retro look about them... However I think the colours are not very good, the graphics in the game are a lot better than the intro. Those coder colours make what could be an amazing intro simply a good one. Nice job but if it was mine I'd be spending a lot of time to try and get those colours looking as good as the ones in the game.
-
Thanks. What color do you think needs tweaking and on what parts?
-
I think that the code doesn't need tweaking at all, it runs really smooth.. It's the colours of the intro in general, they are too primary if you know what I mean and I feel that they clash with each other. Adigun would be the best person to fix them, he's done a wonderful job on the game graphics. The colours inside the game are beautiful.
Perhaps use some of the colour palettes in the game in the intro?
This is just my own opinion, I am sure that you could show it to a dozen other people and most of them would love it. Art is always a matter of personal taste.
-
Well, consdering the extent(read: lack of) of my artistry, I believe you're right. However, we have to submit this by Feb 1. I'll se what I can do...
-
I think you'll do well mate. May even win :) I hope so.