Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => C / C++ /C# => Topic started by: Emil_halim on March 11, 2007

Title: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Emil_halim on March 11, 2007
Hi All

This is my first attempet to make tiny Ptc framework under directX9 , not tested yet sorry has no time.

the idea is to create a texture then update it with PTC_UPDATE(Buffer) then draw it.

here are the sources c++ code, the first is the sturtup code and the second is your software work, you must merge them in a project then compile the project.

Edited:

I deleted the source here , it was buggy sorry,now download it from here

TinyPCT_Cpp.zip (http://bcxdx.spoilerspace.com/FreeBasic/TinyPCT_Cpp.zip)
Title: Re: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Shockwave on March 11, 2007
Thanks Emil :)

Tell me, what size is a basic exe with this when it's compiled mate?
Title: Re: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Emil_halim on March 11, 2007

sorry ,Shocky i did not test it yet , tomorrow i will , but it does not relies on any other DLL.
Title: Re: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Emil_halim on March 12, 2007

Hi Shocky , i have update it and you can download it and test see the first topic.

the size of exe without crunching it is 30.1 KB .
Title: Re: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Shockwave on March 12, 2007
That's a nice small exe size. I will test this as soon as I can. Got lots and lots to do today though.
Title: Re: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Rbz on March 13, 2007
Nice one Emil

I have successfully created a VC++2005 project using the latest DirectX9  (February 2007), it works fine

You just need to take a look at some vc++ warnings (int to float, double to int etc), anyway, it's a good work


Btw, I've purchased this book http://www.wolfgang-engel.info/ just to start learning vertex and pixel shaders using DirectX9, so far I've managed to create my first DirectX9 application (just a black screen :) )


 
Title: Re: Tiny PTC with DX9
Post by: Emil_halim on March 13, 2007

thanks rbraz

I will see the warnings and make the correct casting.

nice to see you starting learnning Shader Language , it will open a new programming world for you , so good luck.

BTW ,I am foucus in Pixel Shader because almost all my work is 2D effects.