Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => Other languages => Blitz => Topic started by: Paul on April 08, 2007

Title: Achtung[BB2D]
Post by: Paul on April 08, 2007
Hi

This is a game I played somewhere and liked, so i made  remake of it in blitz.
The bots are stupid

the controls are

P1: left arrow ,right arrow
P2: left ctrl ,left alt
P3: Q,W
P4: numpad 2,3
P5: O,P

This is just a simple game that probably contains very many bugs so don't be to hard.

http://dbfinteractive.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item52 (http://dbfinteractive.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item52)


The bots are stupid :)
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Shockwave on April 09, 2007
How does this work paul?
It just says "Need more players"
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: mike_g on April 09, 2007
It took me a while to work that out to. You can add players by pressing these keys:

P1: left arrow ,right arrow
P2: left ctrl ,left alt
P3: Q,W
P4: numpad 2,3
P5: O,P

On button sets the player as a bot, the other as a human controlled. I think that there may have been a problem when I ran the program as there was a few flickering rects on the screen. The game seems like it would be fun with lots of people but I think it needs some more work done on it first :)
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Shockwave on April 09, 2007
I got the mad flickering too.

Might be a good idea to have a menu too for adding players. Could be fun with more work on it though.
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Paul on April 09, 2007
I noticed that today, had some trouble with drawing to the back buffer yesterday, don't know why.
It seemed like when i drawed to the frontbuffer it for some reason drew to the backbuffer instead. when i tried it today i got the same flickering as you did.

here is a new version:)

and sorry for not saying ho to start it

is it posssible to update the file in the download section?
Here is an external link for now
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=achtung.rar
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Paul on April 09, 2007
I think that blitz had trouble with all the graphics commands when my pc was hooked up to the tv as well, maybe slowed down the updates for my screen and in some mysterious way got ri d of the flickering for me ???
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Shockwave on April 09, 2007
Ok, I updated the showcase for you. Thanks for the fixed version :)
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Tetra on April 09, 2007
I select the players and hit space bar ok, then hit space bar to start the game and get a MAV :(
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Paul on April 10, 2007
Ok, Probably a writepixel outside of the screen :(

I wonder why it's so darn difficult to wright such a simple prog?

new link... again
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=1555achtung.rar
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Tetra on April 10, 2007
That worked!

Its like a cross between Tron and Snake  ;D

A menu would be a nice addiition.

Blitz is a funny one, as compatable as it is, it does react to different systems in very different ways :)
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Shockwave on April 10, 2007
Blitz is a funny one, as compatable as it is, it does react to different systems in very different ways :)

Especially when you try to draw over memory that doesn't belong to you ;)
Title: Re: Achtung
Post by: Paul on April 10, 2007
yup, thats happened all to often since my pc ain't too fussy;P
Title: Re: Achtung[BB2D]
Post by: Clyde on August 15, 2007
A fun game welldone Paul :)