Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => C / C++ /C# => Topic started by: Clanky on July 15, 2007

Title: C#
Post by: Clanky on July 15, 2007
Does this forum topic cover C# (C Sharp)?
My friend is interested in programming for the XBox 360 (gawd forbid), and has bought himself an XBox 360, and I guess he must have the software for C#...
Does anyone here program in C#? Is it hard? I've heard that practically all games are programmed with it, so should I seek help with my friend to try and code with C# too?

Thanks.
Title: Re: C#
Post by: Jim on July 16, 2007
Nearly all the XBox Live! games are written with C# because that's the programming environment Microsoft have put out for it for free.  No commercial games are written entirely (though some might use it in places) with it because C# is only supported on XBox and Windows, so it would make it hard to port to Ninty or Playstation.

Jim
Title: Re: C#
Post by: benny! on July 16, 2007
@Clanky:

I am having an eye on C# atm. So if you have any certain questions feel free to post
them here. There exits a framework from microsoft for creating games for windows and
xbox called XNA. See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/default.aspx (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/default.aspx) .

Generally speaking, C# is fully object orientated and is quite easy to learn if you have
some Java knowledge. Even if you don't know Java but if you want to learn a fully OO-
language, I guess C# might be a good start.