Dark Bit Factory & Gravity
PROGRAMMING => C / C++ /C# => Topic started by: chenmy1 on August 06, 2007
-
hi,
and sorry for my english... :)
my questions for 1 kb opengl framework (rbraz)..
Me make 4kb intro but.
me when packed with Crinkler ..ATI Card : when my program start: colour very bad and when close windows CRASH..all window and menu invisible etc...
but my Geforce fx 5200 run ..Geforce fx 5200 no problem..
What problem for ATI cards?or drivers?
-
hi chenmy1... welcome in this great community! =)
does the problems only happens to the packed executeable or to the unpacked version too?
-
me dont test unpacked version ..
me test only packed version..
-
Yes, this happened to someone else here he changed his packer to Kkrunchy and it worked then.
If the problem still persists I am sure that we can fix it.
Btw Welcome Chenmy1 :hi:
-
I just realised how stupid that sounds.
Of course you will use Crinkler to pack your 1kb. Sorry I didn't see the 1kb in the topic title, please forget my last post.
-
@shockwave : ok and tnx :)
-
Hi chenmy1, welcome to the forum.
We don't know of any specific problems with the 1k framework and ATI cards. It's been used a lot of times in lots of demos without crashing.
Jim
-
@chenmy1:
Could you tell us something about your system like (Hardware/OS/GfxCard-Drivers) and what SDK tools/versions you are using? Thanks!
-
@chenmy1:
First, :hi: to the community.
Never heard about problems concerning Crinkler and ATI cards. Maybe you should test
your could unpacked to be sure. Are you using SHADERS btw ?
-
:hi:
Chenmy - its great to see you here (a truly productive member of the scene AND a size coder :-), hope we can help. I have two ATi cards so if you post an executable, I can test.
-
@chenmy1: Welcome
I don't think that this is a problem with Crinkler, might be a problem with your gfx drivers ??? Did you have updated it ?
As Benny! asked, are you using Pixel Shaders ?
-
hi all,
me test my 4kb intro internet cafe.2 computer test and equal result(with ATI CARD).maybe cafe computer have old drivers.
@va!n:
my computer have geforce fx 5200 and no problem.
base code 1kb framework by rbraz other opengl, c/c++,crinkler for 4kb intro.
@benny: ok me test next time unpacked version.but my old 96kb game "honey bee" run and no problem :)and packed with kkruncy.
@chris : my 4kb intro now unreleased :D my me make other exe and you test?
@rbraz: maybe drivers..i dunno.because internet cafe computer...
and no shader etc only ortho pers. and screen space efeckt and post pro. (with texture:)
-
Chenmy,
Here is an idea: post simple code that has this problem and we can work on it to fix it. Anything that shows the problem- of course not your 4k.. I have never seen this problem and I have used this framework a lot!
Chris
-
@chemny:
what chris says. try to cut down / reduce your code until the problem still exits and post
your code. so then we can help you.
btw. cutting down line by line out of your code is of course a hard way - but sometimes
you recognize with this method by yourself where the error is located.
-
ok.
Link:
/CRINKLER /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /RANGE:opengl32
/ORDERTRIES:1000 /VERBOSE:IMPORTS /VERBOSE:LABELS
//-------------------------------
PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR pfd = {
sizeof(PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR),
1,
PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW | PFD_DOUBLEBUFFER | PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL,
PFD_TYPE_RGBA,
32,
0, 0,
0, 0,
0, 0,
0, 0,
0,
0,
0,
0,
0,
32,
0,
0,
PFD_MAIN_PLANE,
0,
0,
0,
0
};
void Kapat()
{
ChangeDisplaySettings( NULL, 0 );
ShowCursor(TRUE);
}
void WINAPI WinMainCRTStartup()
{
DEVMODE deviceMode;
deviceMode.dmSize = sizeof(deviceMode);
deviceMode.dmPelsWidth = EN;
deviceMode.dmPelsHeight = BOY;
deviceMode.dmBitsPerPel = 32;
deviceMode.dmFields = DM_BITSPERPEL | DM_PELSWIDTH | DM_PELSHEIGHT;
ChangeDisplaySettings(&deviceMode, CDS_FULLSCREEN);
hDC = GetDC( CreateWindowExA(0,"edit", 0, WS_POPUP|WS_VISIBLE|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, 0, 0, EN, BOY, 0, 0, 0, 0) );
SetPixelFormat ( hDC, ChoosePixelFormat ( hDC, &pfd) , &pfd );
wglMakeCurrent ( hDC, wglCreateContext(hDC) );
ShowCursor(FALSE);
Openglinit();
do {
// etc...
SwapBuffers ( hDC );
} while ( !GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE) );
Kapat();
ExitProcess(0);
}
Edit:
And me test unpacked version and equal error :)
edit2:
my 96 kb game honey bee run.no problem lol...
http://mosengine.inativa.com/dosya/beefixcolor.zip
edit3 :
and honey bee fix all window :D
-
You might want to compare and contrast the way the PFD is set up in this post
http://dbfinteractive.com/index.php?topic=592.0 (http://dbfinteractive.com/index.php?topic=592.0)
In my own code I don't use PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW or PFD_MAIN_PLANE even when I'm not working on tiny code.
In my Windows API docs it says
iLayerType
Ignored. Earlier implementations of OpenGL used this member, but it is no longer used.
So you could save a few bytes there anyway :)
Jim
-
Chenmy1,
OK your code is incomplete but I made the following changes:
declared EN, BOY, HDC hDC
removed reference to OpenglInit.
So that shouldnt affect anything.
Then it compiles and runs just fine here on my laptop, using Visual C++ Express 2005 and crinkler 4.0a. My graphics is x800 with Omega Drivers. Tonight I'll try it at home with standard drivers and x1800 but I bet it works there too.
/CRINKLER /COMPMODE:SLOW /HASHTRIES:60 /ORDERTRIES:3000 /PROGRESSGUI /RANGE:opengl32.dll
So sorry, "works for me" is the best answer I can give. ATi drivers used to be very bad - maybe the guys were right, the ATi drivers at your library are way out of date ...
Chris
-
One thing chenmy1, do you use glViewport anywhere in your code? Just wondering as I have tried unsuccussefully twice to use glViewport with this code...first time I thoyught it was me, second time, is now and I'm going crazy! I'm beginning to believe its the PFD or window code.
Chris
-
hi,
we test old exe with ati radeon x1950 pro (http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx1950/index.html)
and no problem only little color problem other very good :D
@chris: me use glViewport .
maybe cafe computer have bad ATi drivers.