Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: Positron on September 03, 2007

Title: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Positron on September 03, 2007
I won't start a new topic, for this reason I post it here.

Here is my first Intro for PC, I hope you like it.

[screenshot added - sw]
Title: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Shockwave on September 03, 2007
I wish my first intro was as cool as that!

Well done Positron, have some positive Karma.
Btw, I think this belongs in the showcase part of the board where more people will download it, do you mind if I split this topic and move it into the showcase?
Title: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: benny! on September 03, 2007
Yeah. Nice first intro. Very cool (like the gfx + snd ).

It's definately worth splitting this up - so this gets its own thread.
Title: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Positron on September 03, 2007
Quote
I wish my first intro was as cool as that!

Well done Positron, have some positive Karma.
Btw, I think this belongs in the showcase part of the board where more people will download it, do you mind if I split this topic and move it into the showcase?

Thanks, great you like it. I'm a fan of your Intros.

Yes, you are right. It will be ok if you move it.
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Shockwave on September 03, 2007
Topic split and moved. :)

Thanks for posting your first intro :)
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Clyde on September 03, 2007
Nice one Positron :)
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Maxx on September 03, 2007
For some strange reason i get d3dx9_33.dll is missing error and fails to start  :crutches:
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Shockwave on September 03, 2007
You can get that DLL here;

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_33 (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_33)

You can either just unzip it in the same directory as the intro or put it in WINDOWS\SYSTEM

Lots of demos use these DX dlls.
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Maxx on September 03, 2007
yep that fixed it Shockwave thanx  :cheers:

Nice intro really liked scroller :)
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: stormbringer on September 03, 2007
@Positron: GREAT GREAT GREAT! KEEP IT UP! a very nice "revival" of the original Unit A intro!
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Positron on September 04, 2007
@Benny!, Clyde, Maxx, Stormbringer

Thanks for the nice comments!
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Ghost^BHT on September 04, 2007
Very nice first intro  :clap: Glad I could help with it :)
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: va!n on September 04, 2007
@Positron:
Very nice intro and nice work! K++
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Jim on September 04, 2007
First intro?  K+.  The scroller is really well done.

Jim
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Positron on September 04, 2007
@Ghost, Va!n, Jim,

also thanks to you.
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Rbz on September 05, 2007
Nice first prod indeed, thanks for the greets  ;)
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Positron on September 05, 2007
Thanks.

My pleasure!  ;)
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: DeXtr0 on September 08, 2007
WOW  :o

If this is your first intro, really great stuff !
I like the scroller a lot. Very cool idea...

Keep on going and karma ++

DeXtr0
Title: Re: Deliverance First Intro
Post by: Positron on September 10, 2007
@DeXtro0
Yes, it's my first one for pc. I coded three or four intros on Amiga (1991/92), but I never released them. At that time I was a swapper.
Six years back or so, I do same dx coding for 3 month. Just to test direct x.

Thanks.