Dark Bit Factory & Gravity
GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: DeXtr0 on September 09, 2007
-
Hey everybody,
Some guys of our team (eNeRGy & myself) finally met eachother in real life and, based on a lot of coffee and sigarettes, we made this intro in 2 days.
We called it : Willebroek's Party Intro since Willebroek is the place where I live and where we had a party yesterday evening ;)
Credits for it:
Coding: DeXtr0 & Energy
GFX: Jizzy
Music: Da Maul
A screenshot is attached and unfortunately it's too big to upload here so you can download it from here.
http://www.dawncreations.com/Downloads/intros/DX_Party_Intro.zip
Enjoy it ( hopefully as much as we did, during coding ;) )
Cheers,
DeXtr0
P.S. Special thanks to Jizzy for his ideas and Eveline for the great FOOD we had during coding !
-
Nice Oldschool style intro :)
Great to see Jizzy using his talents on this and not on OSDM things, he is a really good artist.
I love the fonts you used as well.
-
Yeah. I really do like the graphics and the overall design. Very well layouted.
Also the theme (private scene house meeting) is very oldschoolish and for a
2 days production a very good quality.
Some ideas for improvements though:
- Sine Scroller could run from right to left (behind the fx-window)
- should scroll a bit faster maybe
- maybe some changing fx in the fx-window
But again - you just had 2 days to code it - and for thats it very cool.
-
Hey,
I can only second benny! ... really nice stuff for 2 days of coding ...
would've had the same ideas for improvements :)
O0
-
Hey guys,
nice to see you like it. We loved to code it "under a bit of stress form" ;D because we wanted to finish it in 2 days ;)
@Shockwave: We used one of our tips regarding the previous intro: Watch out for antialiasing fonts...
@Benny & Slippy,
All your ideas are welcome. I love to get ideas from all of you.
The sinusscroller was a good idea too but we thought the intro was full enough already ...
Anyway the next thing will be a chiptune disk :)
For that I can use some equalizer ideas (if you have some ? :) )
Cheers,
DeX
-
Welldone DeXtr0 and team :)
-
I really like the rotating copper bar effect - it reminds me of tubular bells. Perhaps an interesting effect would be to light up the tubes individually based on the music? It's a nice demo, good stuff for a couple of days. :) I can't help thinking that it's missing just a little something though.
Thanks for posting!
Jim
-
Nice design :)
My only bitch is that the spectrum bars don't seem to be synced with anything I was hearing. I think the colors of the bars could have been better selected too. Maybe fade the colors (gradient). For a fast done prod very nice! Keep it up.
-
I didn't see any spectrum bars :(
-
I guess that is because of your soundcard settings of which the "recording settings" have to be on StereoMix (microphone has to be disabled).
I'm going to try to fix this aswell in our library
-
Hi!
Thank yu very much for yur ideas and postings of yu alll.....
Hope yu enjoyed this intro....
During coding i was permanently listening to this great sound from DA MAUL....
Something is interresting for us (with help from yu...)
After finishing the code we tried to run it on Dextros VISTA PC...
There were som grafical errors to see, but the time was too short to fix them...
It would be great if anybody of yu run this on a VISTA System... and what happened on it...
Thank yu very much....
Cheers
EnErGY
-
I ran it on Vista and it was a tad slow to be honest.
-
I like the soundtrack and the logo. I think the sin text is much to slow and the copper bar is to fast.
For a 2 days production its a good work.
-
There used to be quick coded beertros like this all the time in the old days :)
-
Hahaha well that was actually what we did :updance:
Drinking & smoking *lol* (way to much to be honest)
But beertro is a cool idea for a next intro ;D
-
No problems on Vista here. Me and Clyde need to get together to see why his box is behaving differently from mine - perhaps it's video drivers or the lack of RAM that's causing Clyde's problems.
Jim