Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: taj on September 26, 2007

Title: Spheres Dream
Post by: taj on September 26, 2007
I did the graphics for a 4k for Rebels. I called it Spheres Dream - bit ponsy but it got 2nd at Function '07. You can find it here.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=32225

It was bizarre as it was released at a party by Rebels whilst I was on holiday so I had no real idea how the final would look/sound but it turned out to be pretty much the same as the beta (and a lot better than the alpha you saw Shockie :-).

Anyway I'll probably write a short tutorial on how to do distortion shaders if there is interest.

Chris/auld/taj




Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Positron on September 26, 2007
I'm not a fan of 4K and smaller, but it's great. I like this one.

Anyway I'll probably write a short tutorial on how to do distortion shaders if there is interest.

I have started learning about shader lately, so I'm interested of course.
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: stormbringer on September 26, 2007
very nice one! one of the few "little-k's" that do not crash...
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: slippy on September 26, 2007
I really liked it ... good stuff ... pretty sure your tutorial will be cool and informative as usual ... :)

Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Shockwave on September 26, 2007
The preview version I saw before was really promising and the finished intro here really turned out to be a great one :)

Actually I think it's in amongst the top 5 4kb intros that I have seen, just because it has a strong appeal to watch it more than once or twice. This is one that I will keep, congratulations this great intro Chris... This intro would have won most 4kb comps hands down.
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Voltage on September 27, 2007

Anyway I'll probably write a short tutorial on how to do distortion shaders if there is interest.

Chris/auld/taj

Fucking awesome.

A tut would be greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: va!n on September 27, 2007
Very nice one... nice to see DBF in the greetings ;) *thumbs up*
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: taj on September 27, 2007
Thanks all for your support. The intro did better than I thought it would to be honest, but I'm not complaining! I usually like to release code but I cant release this code as its partly mixed with Rebels code but I can see enough people want a tutorial on distortion shaders so I'll write one happily.

Chris
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: benny! on September 27, 2007
Looking forward to see this in motion when I am back from Spain.
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Jim on September 28, 2007
Good demo.  Lots of things in there for 4K!

Jim
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: benny! on September 29, 2007
Great production. Although a lot of things are in it - the qualitiy of each is very good.
Wasnt it you - who said that a 4kb should concentrate on one fx only  ;) - guess this
proofs you wrong ?
.
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: taj on September 29, 2007
Great production. Although a lot of things are in it - the qualitiy of each is very good.
Wasnt it you - who said that a 4kb should concentrate on one fx only  ;) - guess this
proofs you wrong ?
.

Thanks Benny and Yep it was me! If you want to win compos - the big ones (asm, bp) then 1 effect is the way to do it: see the winners for the last few years. Personally I'm not keen on this so I try to do demos in 4k. Of course its much more stressful and more likely to fail but then again, its what I enjoy.

chris
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: WidowMaker [retired] on September 30, 2007
This is impressive.

 :clap:

Well done Chris and the synth is great too!
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Hotshot on October 17, 2007
that is Excellent

 :cheers:
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: taj on October 17, 2007
Thanks very much guys. I'm really happy you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind comments!
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: spitfire on October 17, 2007
So wheres that tutorial? :P
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Shockwave on October 17, 2007
Try checking out his blog :) Url is in useful links / personal coder sites.
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: taj on October 17, 2007
So wheres that tutorial? :P

Ah yeah .. well if you know shaders try my blog at: http://sizecoding.blogspot.com/2007/10/tiny-distortion-shader.html

If not, then try http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/glsl/ first.

I think I broke a board rule by posting those here :-(

Chris
Title: Re: Spheres Dream
Post by: Shockwave on October 17, 2007
I think I broke a board rule by posting those here :-(

I wouldn't worry... I've been known to break a few myself.