Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: taj on September 27, 2007

Title: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: taj on September 27, 2007
Well uh yeah, I did 4 x 16 byte intros once upon a time, to get a feel for assembler - which I must say didnt work at all. Somehow it ended up more like a search for random sequences of instructions. Anyway I figure this is as small as it gets and I wanted to go as far down in bytes as I was able.

The 3d panning looks a lot like Stonemonkeys sea but no sierpinskis here.

Code: [Select]
;
;   16 bytes and less
;   Fun...sort of
;
;   

; You know this bit...
        mov al,13h               
        int 10h                   
        les bp,[bx]

DEMO:             
       
; sin wave...sort of
; stosb
;       rcl al,cl
;       loop DEMO
; mov cx,di
       

; busy street...sort of
;        stosb
;        xchg [es:di], al           
;        add ax,di
;        sar ax,1         
 

; 3D panning...sort of   
; stosb
;        adc al,ch
;        loop DEMO
;        xor cx,di
;        stc
       
; rotzoomer...sort of
        xchg [es:di], al           
        adc ax,di
        dec di

       
        jmp short DEMO                 


You can download  http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=26446  (http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=26446) or here http://www.intro-inferno.com/production.php?id=1386 (http://www.intro-inferno.com/production.php?id=1386)

The package has some images to see if they are worth running first :-).

Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: Shockwave on September 27, 2007
I remember downloading these :) They are neat!
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: taj on September 27, 2007
I remember downloading these :) They are neat!

Oh that was you! I thought it was my mother.
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: Stonemonkey on September 27, 2007
Nice, yep that panning one is pretty much the same as my sea, I just do some masking to filter out the colours.
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: benny! on September 28, 2007
Cool. Really enjoyed pan16 and street16. Street16 reminds me on some weird
distortion fx. N1
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: rain_storm on September 28, 2007
sin15 is smooth I think thats the one I like best
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: taj on September 28, 2007
sin15 is smooth I think thats the one I like best

Thats a lot of peoples favourite. I think the fact that it has coherent colours helps at some level.
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: Rbz on September 28, 2007
Quote
sin wave...
busy street...
3D panning...
rotzoomer....
You need a lot imagination here  ;D

Hehe, was funny to read "tajscener" choosing his favorite   :2funny: , and he was right - sin wave is the best :)
Title: Re: 16 byte intros :-)
Post by: Shockwave on September 29, 2007
Greets to Copabars!