Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: Pixel_Outlaw on June 06, 2008

Title: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: Pixel_Outlaw on June 06, 2008
Makes Ye Olde dungeons!

It will make a new one every few seconds. This is intended for a game but I sort of forced it into a quick and dirty demo. You may use the engine if you like in future projects but a word or credit would be nice since this has been an intensive project. The blue square is the exit stair and the orange dots are items and treasures. I'm sort of a game maker at heart it seems.  :P

Apologies to Zawran, I sort of wanted to code my own engine from the ground up. I did appreciate your code though.

Here is the complete project, demo, source, image , readme

http://www.filefactory.com/file/129047/

I suppose an even better demo may be made if you make the blocks 3D and walk a camera from room to room using the A* algorithm.


Title: Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: zawran on June 06, 2008
Its a cool project and your progress so far is great. You could be on your way to making a game after all  :carrot: 
Title: Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: Shockwave on June 06, 2008
It seems to work well :)

It's nice that you included the source too. Thank you.
Title: Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: rain_storm on June 06, 2008
Fantastic work PO these rooms are definately useable for dungeons etc. Thanks for including the source too interesting stuff to look through.
Title: Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: Clyde on June 06, 2008
Welldone Pixel Outlaw.  8)
Title: Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: Hotshot on July 01, 2008
I used to play ROUGE mad when I was kid and the graphics was crap but the gameplay was GREAT !  O0
Title: Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
Post by: Shockwave on July 01, 2008
I used to play ROUGE mad when I was kid and the graphics was crap but the gameplay was GREAT !  O0

Please lets keep on topic here, Pixel Outlaw posted for feedback on his program.

Thanks.