Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => Freebasic => Topic started by: Dr_D on March 16, 2009

Title: This was my first game. :)
Post by: Dr_D on March 16, 2009
Of course, it wasn't the first thing I ever programmed, but it was the first game I ever made public. Low and behold, Checkers! lol It was originally in QB4.5, but with just a little effort, I ported to FreeBASIC.  It was lost for years on an old CD. I wouldn't even bother looking at the code... it's a total mess of not knowing what to do and trying things out. :cheers:

http://drd.orly.mine.nu/download.php?id=54
Title: Re: This was my first game. :)
Post by: Shockwave on March 16, 2009
That's really cool :)

I just played a game, the graphics are nice and clear, only problem I had was that the game got to a stalemate and the computer seemed to go into an infinite loop.

This is just the sort of thing that you could sell a few copies of if you added a 3D board, a few environments and some sounds and sold it through idigicon.
Title: Re: This was my first game. :)
Post by: relsoft on March 17, 2009
Hahahahahaha. Your first game is better than my first game!!!!
 :clap:
Title: Re: This was my first game. :)
Post by: Shockwave on March 17, 2009
Are there any decent chess games written in FB?
Title: Re: This was my first game. :)
Post by: Dr_D on March 21, 2009
There was one, but I've never played it. Now that you mention it, I might try it. :)

http://games.freebasic.net/dumpbyid.php?input=42



There's also this: http://drd.orly.mine.nu/download.php?id=38
I never added any gameplay at all though. There was a guy on fb.net that had a pretty cool take on chess AI, so I made this to give it better gfx. I think he gave up on it though. :(