Dark Bit Factory & Gravity
GENERAL => Challenges & Competitions => Topic started by: Tetra on July 12, 2006
-
I spent quite a bit of time on this project. I was inteding to do a lot more, but along with being busy, and not having the project become too large, I decided to stop where it was at.
Theres a couple effects and a Tetris game :)
I also made a prog that analyzes text density to get a nice blending effect with very few colors. ( Source included with no comments :whack: )
Big thanx to Wham for the great gfx screen he made for me.
Hope you enjoy.
New Download : Download (http://dbfinteractive.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=418.0;id=202)
-
Like the fire a lot! And you have one more comment in your source than I do - I even forgot to put my name on mine! ;)
Jim
-
tnx Jim
:D hehe, I always intend to add comments ::)
-
Very cool indeed.
-
Tnx Clyde, glad you like it
-
Coolness!
-
That is absolutely completely and utterly excellent!
I'm not sure where it fits in the comp as it was supposed to be an effect for the first part and then a complete demo, so I guess that you could call this part 2?
-
Pretty cool, welldone :||
-
The fire rocks ! :cheers:
-
Thanx Guys, glad you like it :)
Hehe, I did get a bit carried away with this project, its only because it was quite easy to make the effects using the text buffer and pallets. I guess I had better make a single effect for the first part of the challenge :D
-
Really cool. The only problem I saw was that tetris didnt seem to register my rows all the time. Though it could have been that I completely missed a column, its hard to know how big the gameboard is.
Also it would be neat if you could go back to the main menu rather than just quitting when you press esc.
Otherwise very nice program.
-
That got me too but you can get back to the menu by pressing backspace :)
-
I figured there would be another key, but there wasn't a readme and I didn't feel like pressing every key on the keyboard.
-
:P i didnt include a readme because I printed all the controls on the menu screen :||
Sorry about that Deleter, its not very clear tbh, i forget sometimes other people will be reading what I wrote :whack:
Hehe my brother pointed out the same thing :D I will make an update and correct that problem and a few extras and a readme :)
-
I made a few changes to the tetris :||
I've changed the position of the text to be more readable.
I have added some color to the blocks, and drawn in some borders, all with ascii :)
Looks a lot better now.
Heres a new download and screenshoot:
[oversized attachment deleted by admin]
-
cool, wonder how I missed those controls though ???
-
Just bad layout of the text :)