Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => General chat => Topic started by: Shockwave on July 11, 2009

Title: ADA Hacked
Post by: Shockwave on July 11, 2009
It seems like some idiots have decided to attack the amaga demoscene archive ADA, there is a message on the front page saying that it is unlikely to return.

http://ada.untergrund.net/ (http://ada.untergrund.net/)

This is really sad news and sucks.

I havew backed up this site since then, I am now busy downloading the archive... I'd hate that to happen to us.
My condolences to the staff at ADA, you must be gutted after many years of hard work to have this happen.
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Moroboshisan on July 11, 2009
Sad sad...

this sounds very demotivating...

 :'(
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: benny! on July 11, 2009
I simply do not understand those wanna-be hackers who hack
site like these... It's a shame!
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Hotshot on July 11, 2009
Hacker need really to get a Life as it so sad to hack the popular sites as somethings uncalled for!  >:( >:( >:(
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Moroboshisan on July 11, 2009
Hacker need really to get a Life

<RANT-MODE>
please STOP calling them HACKERS!!!

those idiot guys should considered just as they are: DEFACERS, CRACKERS, TOO-MUCH-TIME-ON-HIS/HER-HANDS-WANNABE-IDIOTS/EVERYTHING_ELSE-YOU-MAY-THINK... but, please.. stop calling them HACKERS!

I simply can't consider such ppl like pioneers of digital revolution...

Forgive me, I have a very "poetic" view of WHAT a real "Hacker" really is...
</RANT-MODE>


Such great abilities should be used to knock down other kind of sites... there is PLENTY of web/ftp-sites who really deserve such treatment!

sorry guys I needed to shout it out loud! ;)

Peace!
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Hotshot on July 11, 2009
I am sorry if I am misunderstood the words I used but for people who hack the site is WRONG and I do feel sorry for person who have create the website trying putting BACK UP! ALRIGHT!  >:(
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Shockwave on July 11, 2009
Backups are vital.

I don't think that they had a recent backup of ADA by the look of it.
Backing up a large site is no mean feat, I wouldn't class DBF as a large site, we are a medium site but it takes nearly 4 hours to download a backup of everything here, I know this because I just did it!
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Moroboshisan on July 11, 2009
Backups are vital. [...] I know this because I just did it!

hummmm... ADA "failure" just reminded you?
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Moroboshisan on July 11, 2009
I am sorry if I am misunderstood the words I used
no prob mate! ;)

I know what you mean... but I needed to point out that words still means something... not that much ppl out there know what HACKER really means!

Newspapers and Headlines all around the world still refer to brain-dead ppl as hackers, putting on the same level different meanings...

think about an Electrical Engineer and a Electrician... both works with electricity in some way... but at a completely different level...

Knowledge IS power ... just depends HOW you use it!
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: benny! on July 11, 2009
@Moroboshisan:
Totally agree with you. That's why I called them wannabe-hackers. They
are poor script kiddies or what so ever.
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Shockwave on July 11, 2009
Most so called hackers are just idiots who read some shitty tutorial about sql injection and decided to fuck up someones database.

It's not clever, and if these idiots need to target someone then they should go after sites that exploit children, scam sites and other places like that.. Not somewhere like ADA that was a genuine work of love.
Title: Re: ADA Hacked
Post by: Moroboshisan on July 11, 2009
...if these idiots need to target someone then they should go after sites that exploit children, scam sites and other places like that.. Not somewhere like ADA that was a genuine work of love.
that's what I left untold some messages ago...

=)