Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => Freebasic => Topic started by: Clyde on May 03, 2006

Title: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Clyde on May 03, 2006
Hiya Coding dudes :)

In GFX Lib, you know that you can switch FullScreen / Window screen modes, by Pressing ALT + RETURN.

I wondered if anybody knew if there's a way to do this with MR TinyPtc?

Cheers and many many thanks,
Clyde.
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Rbz on May 04, 2006
Sorry, but you cant switch FullScreen / Windowed mode  by pressing ALT + RETURN (or other keys) with Tinyptc, this was a TODO in the last C version.





Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Clyde on May 04, 2006
Yeah I know about the key press of alt and return, and thanks there.

Thought they're could be a work around, as ive noticed some people running tiny ptc in a window. An Idea I had was to have a key press change modes, with what ever the commands are to tell MR Tiny, what screen mode to use inside the main program loop.

Cheers and thanks for the info,
Clyde.
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: relsoft on May 04, 2006
Windowed TinyPTC has been in FB since version Alpha(I was a beta tester and the only GFX lib I could use then was TinyPTC).

Here's how:

1. Go to the FreeBasic/Lib/win32 folder
2. Rename "libtinyptc.a"  to anything.
3. Rename "libtinyptc-win.a" to "libtinyptc.a"
4. Make some proggies. :*)

Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Clyde on May 04, 2006
Cool cheers dude! I may come a cropper, if so I'll post back.

Much appreciated and many huge thanks,
Clyde.
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Rbz on May 04, 2006
Windowed TinyPTC has been in FB since version Alpha(I was a beta tester and the only GFX lib I could use then was TinyPTC).

Here's how:

1. Go to the FreeBasic/Lib/win32 folder
2. Rename "libtinyptc.a"Â  to anything.
3. Rename "libtinyptc-win.a" to "libtinyptc.a"
4. Make some proggies. :*)



Hi relsoft

I found a better way to do that, simple type this at first line of your prog. :

'For Windowed mode
#define PTC_WIN
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Clyde on May 04, 2006
Thing with that though buddy, it only allows for the program to run in a Window.
What I was seeing, was if there's a way to treat tiny ptc in the similar fashion to GFXLib2. By toggling the view from a window to fullscreen.

I've yet to try out RelSoft's tips, as i've had a montain of emails. Will try it out asap.
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Rbz on May 04, 2006
Yeah dude, I know exactly what do you want, the only way to do that is recode the tinyptc lib  :-\
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Shockwave on May 07, 2006
The problem I have with #define tinypct win is that it is a pre-compilation instruction, I wish there was a way of doing it like;
if select=1 then define tinypctwin else
blah!
Title: Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
Post by: Clyde on May 07, 2006
In Vanilla Essence thats what im kinda after. Except to do it, in the main program loop.