Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: TinDragon on August 10, 2009

Title: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: TinDragon on August 10, 2009
Here's another of my old blitz demos, this one uses an early vectorlib and was an attempt to do something like the 16bit demos. You can move on to the next effect with the spacebar. The exe contains 2 versions, the _B version is a bug fixed version that I suggest using as the 1st version failed on some graphics cards. Hopefully it should work for everyone, I have tested on XP and Vista 32bit with no errors.

Here's the Demo and Enjoy  :||
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: zawran on August 10, 2009
Nice one, the springy thing had a few vertices that seemed out of place. The glenz sphere being unwrapped was cool.
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: TinDragon on August 10, 2009
Well the spring was a 3d model converted over, in the wireframe view of it you get that sort of wierd trick of the eye that cn make it not look like its drawing correctly but it was interesting so i left it like that,it should look ok at the end when its solid tho.
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: ferris on August 11, 2009
Took an idea from this particular demo for Muon Baryon; the sphere floating in and out of the torus ;)

Great work, I remember this one well from when it came out!
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: Shockwave on August 11, 2009
It's a nice demo this one Tindragon, I remember it well.
NThanks for posting it :)

I liked the sphere torus bit too.
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: benny! on August 11, 2009
Indeed nice one!  :clap:
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: TinDragon on August 11, 2009
thanks for the comments, its hard to believe i coded that back in 2004 but when i look at it I spent the last few years doing other stuff and very little coding with out really noticing how much time was going by. Maybe if i had stayed focus'd i would have been doing the shader version ;)

This was imho one of my better demos :)
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: Clyde on August 12, 2009
Brilliant mate!
My collection of Tin Dragons demos is almost complete, off to Zawran land now.
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: TinDragon on August 12, 2009
I have a few more to add once i have had a chance to test them, sadly a few seem to be missing but i have some early sources for a few before they were finish so i might be able to rebuild them at some point.
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: bikerboy on October 06, 2009
can't run none of them, i get "memory access violation"
Title: Re: I-Torus Joncom2000/TTD
Post by: Shockwave on October 06, 2009
They must be plotting pixels offscreen somewhere Bikerboy, some cards tollerate it while others crash unfortunately.