Dark Bit Factory & Gravity
GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: Xetick on June 06, 2012
-
Wanted to try out my working in progress visualizer Plane9 v2 and modeling a disco ball is as good a test as any.
So 20 minutes later this was the result.
(http://www.plane9.com/ext/20120606_DiscoBall2.jpg)
Operations used are sphere, facette, randomize vertices, perlin noise and fxaa.
It's just amazing how much fxaa, or well any aa for that matter, improves a image. If you haven't tried it in your demos I hilighly recommend it since its so cheap and is just a single full screen shader pass.
-
Wow ... looks fantastic. Guess it even looks better in motion!
Well done :clap:
-
@Xetick:
Wow, screenshot looks really nice... would really like to see it in action....
Btw, i need to download and install your latest version to see whats new and your progress on this tool. *thumb up*
-
Yes... looks fantastic. Would like to see in action too! ;D
-
Awesome, ditto on the motion! :clap:
-
The screenshot looks stunning :)
-
Thanks all of you for the nice comments. I'll see if can create a movie in the next few days.
@Xetick:
Btw, i need to download and install your latest version to see whats new and your progress on this tool. *thumb up*
Nothing has officially happened for almost 1 1/2 years. I have been working on v2.0 of the visualizer (and a network operations center system among other things). v2 will probably not be released for another 1/2 year since I plan to rebuild the whole gui in Qt 5 and skip .Net altogether since its only used for the gui.
But so far the Plane9 core has had some nice additions. Transitions for one, fxaa, floating point RTT's, completely new mesh system with subdivision, extrusion, bevel and some other things. I'll see what will end up in the final release.
-
Here is the promised video. Took a while because of a bug in the video recorder part of the visualizer but it's fixed now.
[youtube]mm34eb7K6jI[/youtube]
-
I really love the soft beams of light Xetick, it looks just as cool as I thought it would from the first screen shot :)
-
Awesome, very cool! :clap:
-
What can i say :updance: