Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Projects => Topic started by: Shockwave on June 29, 2012

Title: Excel Abuse
Post by: Shockwave on June 29, 2012
Had a quiet hour in work today so I thought I'd see if I could make a demo effect in an Excel spreadsheet using the sheet as a screen..

It crashes after a few seconds and I can't be bothered to find out why but anyway just for curiosity's sake and plain weirdness here it is.

You'll need excel to run it :)
Title: Re: Excel Abuse
Post by: combatking0 on June 30, 2012
Looks like it needs either Excel 2007 or 2010 to work :(

I'll test it during my Monday lunch break.
Title: Re: Excel Abuse
Post by: Blacksheep8Bit on July 01, 2012
Awesome work! I Wish i could have time and patience to start making something like this :/
Title: Re: Excel Abuse
Post by: combatking0 on July 02, 2012
Cool - I smell a possible competition theme.

"Spreadsheet Comp" anybody?

Open Office may have similar capabilities, so even if you don't have Excel, you can create a spreadsheet demo for free.
Title: Re: Excel Abuse
Post by: Shockwave on July 02, 2012
I think OpenOffice has a version of Vb...  It's not a great platform though, you're really limited by the slow refresh rate of the "screen".
Title: Re: Excel Abuse
Post by: Shockwave on July 06, 2012
More excel abuse (this also crashes after a few seconds & also needs office 2007+)