Dark Bit Factory & Gravity
GENERAL => General chat => Topic started by: relsoft on April 28, 2013
-
Hello guys,
I need some help testing my android game framework. So if any of you have some droid phones, I would appreciate it if you could test it for me.
So far I've tested this on a samsung galaxy s 1ghz and an lg e400 800mhz. Both can run the app fullspeed. If you can test this on a lower spec device it woul be better. This would run on api 7(2.1 eclair) and above.
Also if possible can you report the fps and your phone specs where you tested the app?
Apk;
http://www.rel.phatcode.net/Temp/game_framework.apk
Screenshot.
(http://www.rel.phatcode.net/Temp/Gameframeworkscreen.png)
So far the engine has:
3 full screen parallax scrolling
backgrounds.
Can handle more than 1000 bullets
with no slowdowns.
Stereo sounds.
Sorry, I'm writing the post on my
phone.
Thanks.
-
Hi Rel,
nice framework!
My Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 says:
Game FPS: 58
Logic FPS: 45
-
Sadly it does not run at all on my Nexus 7. It says game_framework has stopped.
On my new Xperia V it's 60fps, 45 for the logic.
Jim
-
Thanks for testing guys!
Hellfire: Seems like the sgs i9xxxx line caps below 60. My sgs1 caps at 56 fps even when i draw 1 sprite.
Jim: Weird that the only device having problems with it is your nexus. Framework worked on all devices tested. What are the specs of your nexus?
I'm thinking of increasing the logic to 50fps. Does 45 fps look okay?
-
http://www.google.com.au/nexus/7/
It looks great on the phone, very smooth.
Jim
-
Sadly it does not run at all on my Nexus 7. It says game_framework has stopped.
On my new Xperia V it's 60fps, 45 for the logic.
Jim
Yo Jim, can you try if this works on the nexus?
http://www.rel.phatcode.net/Temp/Zweihander.apk
Thanksm
-
Yes this works :-) Not as fast as the phone though. 35-45ish for both, with a lot of variation.
Jim
-
Yes this works :-) Not as fast as the phone though. 35-45ish for both, with a lot of variation.
Jim
]
Yay! I had to rewrite my whole gfx loading scheme but it was worth it apparently.
The nexus 7 has great specs. Even has a tegra chip. I wonder what's causing the slowdowns. Is it underclocked by chance?
-
It's stock so far as I know. Not rooted or anything. Great specs as you say.
I have the Android SDK installed on my PC if there's anything I can do to help - you might even encourage me to fire it up again!
Jim
-
Ok, I'll post the eclipse project tomorrow.
Btw, code is for dbf eyes only or my publisher would get angry.
-
Please don't get yourself in any trouble over posting stuff here. It will almost certainly leak and it's pretty unlikely I'll be able to find anything.
Jim
-
Please don't get yourself in any trouble over posting stuff here. It will almost certainly leak and it's pretty unlikely I'll be able to find anything.
Jim
http://www.rel.phatcode.net/Temp/Zweihander-droid-source-05-01-13.zip
I'm a rebelious!
:D
-
Great! I got it up and running on my Nexus 7! Unfortunately I spent most of my free time upgrading eclipse, android sdk and all the other bits (like finding out the way to enable developer mode on the N7 is to tap the build number seven times in the device info screen!).
The first thing I tried was commenting out one or more calls to spriteBatchxxx in the render method in GameEngine.java, but that caused it to crash. Any idea why that is?
Also, increasing the screen size in constants.java seemed not to affect the frame rate that much. So it may be cpu rather than gpu bound for some reason. Or it could just be that having the debugger attached skews the results too much.
Cheers,
Jim