Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

ARCHIVE => Archive => Java,JS & Flash => Topic started by: combatking0 on October 05, 2006

Title: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: combatking0 on October 05, 2006
Hello everyone!

I'm Dr. Combat King, and I'm here to try to answer your questions about web coding in HTML, JS, CSS, ASP and PHP.

While I don't know everything there is to know, I'll try to find the answers for you regardless. Unless somebody else knows the answer, and they reply first.
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: psygate on October 30, 2006
Sry if I ask you smth like that, but you just joined the forum to answer questions about webcoding?
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: combatking0 on November 01, 2006
Well, that and learning a few tips in web coding and other languages.

And having a laugh with the good folks up here.
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: Blitz Amateur on November 01, 2006
I think you'll like this Ck0 =)

http://elijah.aquivae.com/rasters.html

JS rasterbars ;D

Still, any ideas for optimsing? It's a bit slow for my liking..
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: combatking0 on November 02, 2006
I'll have a look.

Damn, that's impressive!
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: Shockwave on November 06, 2006
Works nice in Firefox too :)
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: combatking0 on November 06, 2006
My alternitive (which should run faster) to your brilliant table-based movement thing would use divs - but it wouldn't work in firefox.

I'll have to learn more about JavaScript and tables.
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: benny! on November 06, 2006
My alternitive (which should run faster) to your brilliant table-based movement thing would use divs - but it wouldn't work in firefox.

I'll have to learn more about JavaScript and tables.

Why wouldnt work <div>s in firefox ???
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: Blitz Amateur on November 07, 2006
My alternitive (which should run faster) to your brilliant table-based movement thing would use divs - but it wouldn't work in firefox.

I'll have to learn more about JavaScript and tables.

Why wouldnt work <div>s in firefox ???

Oh, but they do work  ;)

Linky! (http://elijah.aquivae.com/rasters2.html)

(That's JS, HTML, and ONE image file for the rasterbars )

EDIT: Doesn't quite look right in IE as it won't let me set the size on a div  ???
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: combatking0 on November 07, 2006
In the style attribute, add

overflow:hidden;

That will restrict the size of your divs to the exact size as specified by height:??px; and width:??px;
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: Blitz Amateur on November 07, 2006
Thanks! Fixed above code =)

And, for a neat tweak, linky (http://elijah.aquivae.com/rasters3.html)
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: combatking0 on November 08, 2006
Ah yes, Javascript is capapble of some fine things.

Like division.
The attachment is a work in progress, but if you click on the box on the conveyor, enter a number between 1 and 99, then enter a lower number into the box on top of the machine and hit start, you'll see something I'm making for my employer in action!
MSIE only.
Title: Re: Web Technology Clinic
Post by: Blitz Amateur on November 08, 2006
Hah! That's awesome!