Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

GENERAL => Challenges & Competitions => Topic started by: combatking0 on October 30, 2006

Title: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: combatking0 on October 30, 2006
Ok, so I just went with a name that had nothing to do with the gameplay...

Here it is. As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, it's nowt special, it won't score many points for graphics or any for sound, but as long as you have MS Windows XP and MSIE6, it should work fine. It's not bad, considering it's programmed in Javascript if I do say so myself, and I guess I could have put some background music on, but there we go.

Anyway, I'll let you guys decide, and maybe I'll try harder next time:

Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: .:] Druid [:. on October 30, 2006
not bad at all...as you said some music, sounds could improve the whole thing..but it's definitly something i can't do...so:  :cheers:
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: lilw4t3rdr0p on October 30, 2006
I got it to work, but I can't even grab the damn pumpkins in the beginning, let alone hold them up.

LOL. I llike the skeleton!
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: combatking0 on October 30, 2006
You need to be quick - the grey rectangular "trampoline" should follow the mouse around horizontally. If it moves, you should be able to bounce the pumpkin off it.
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Shockwave on October 30, 2006
Yay! A Javascript entry :)
Not sure what category this comes under so we'll call it an intro.. :)
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Blitz Amateur on October 30, 2006
That is really nice. With some sound, it would be awesome.
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: cirux on October 31, 2006
Thats pretty cool, it still amazes me what can be done in dhtml/css/jscript. Only annoyingthing was IE kept saying blocked xxxx for about 3 pages or more but it worked fine when I got to the playing part.
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Jim on October 31, 2006
Maybe it's time for me to check out what can be done in js!  I like this, I think with a little more work it could be a good, fun game.  Why is everything these days in Flash?

Jim
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Ghost^BHT on October 31, 2006
Cool game :)  what Jim said is true, develop it a little further for a really fun game
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: combatking0 on October 31, 2006
Yeah, I could put some enemies which move differently, some animated images, grey clouds in the sky, background music, and if I can figure it out, sound FX (which I think are possible in JS, but I'm not sure).

To tell the truth, I built it in under 3 hours, not including the eHan and spri scripts which I wrote a while ago. They're very handy.
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Rbz on October 31, 2006
Nice idea, would be more nice if you have added sound effects  :)
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Tetra on November 01, 2006
Great Stuff always nice to see stuff like this :)
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: Clyde on November 01, 2006
Welldone Combat King.
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: taj on November 02, 2006
I couldnt get it to work in firefox but maybe it was just me.
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: combatking0 on November 02, 2006
With a little tinkering, I may be able to get it working - MSIE and FF move stuff around differently (much to my annoyance!).
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: ninogenio on November 04, 2006
yeah i had a bit of bother moving the paddle in firefox other than that i was amazed at what you managed to do i jss/html.

really good stuff ck0!
Title: Re: CCC: Pumpkingkong
Post by: combatking0 on November 07, 2006
Thanks, NinoGenio.

I'll try to upgrade my spri template to work with Firefox properly.