Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => Freebasic => Topic started by: relsoft on May 08, 2006

Title: Hematoma
Post by: relsoft on May 08, 2006
http://rel.betterwebber.com/Temp/hematoma.zip

Sorry no source until we release the game we're wrking on because this one is gonna be part of it.
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Clyde on May 08, 2006
Very cool mate and very fast too, welldone :)

Cheers and all the best,
Clyde.
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: relsoft on May 08, 2006
thanksies!

Update:  fixed the timer bug. :*)  Should run a little slower now. :*)
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Clyde on May 08, 2006
Wicked one matey.

I just love peristalsis effects!

Clyde tries and pictures game with effect featured. thinks cool can't wait!!! :D



Btw, be carefull when using the X to exit, as the program hangs ( check Processes in Windows Task manager ). I've found this with all programs that i've ran windowed with FB
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Shockwave on May 08, 2006
Cool effect, it looks like a freaked out blood cell.  :)
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Rbz on May 08, 2006
Nice one relsoft  :)

I have coded something like that, but never used it :(

Take a look ->   http://rbz.sitesled.com/Files/BlobEffect.rar

Included one music using libv2 by farbrausch, coded in C/OGL.
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: relsoft on May 08, 2006
that's neat at rbraz!  I doubt we use the same algo though.

I'm assuming yo used two "paraboloids" and used tangental displacement?   Used a sphere with radial displacement at both the x, y and z coordnares. :*)

Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Rbz on May 08, 2006
I have used vertex sphere too, mate  ;)
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: relsoft on May 08, 2006
Cool!!!
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Stonemonkey on May 09, 2006
Nice stuff, both of them.
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: relsoft on May 09, 2006
I have used vertex sphere too, mate  ;)


Are you using the standard spherical to rectangular formula like this?

Code: [Select]
'Â  Â  x =Â  p SIN(Phi) COS(theta)
'Â  Â  y =Â  p SIN(Phi) SIN(theta)
'Â  Â  z =Â  p COS(Phi)

Or you are using this:

Code: [Select]
  Â  newy = r*sin(2pi*y)
  Â  rad  Â  = r*cos(2pi*y)

  Â  x = radius * sin(2pi*x )
  Â  y = newy
  Â  z = radius * cos(2pi*x)

Which is technically the top half of a "paraboloid" and two paraboloids would make a sphere.  ; *)  Again, I'm just shooting in the dark. :*)

Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Rbz on May 09, 2006
Yeah dude, you're right, I'm using a "paraboloid" formula, I just know it by other name - "semi-esfera" (on my first language), and it still need some fixing up to look more nice.

Code: [Select]
   
    // Top half
    Ny = -r*cosf(PI2*(float)(y+1) / (float)yring);
    radius = r*sinf(PI2* (float)(y+1) / (float)yring);

    // Bottom half
    Ny = r*sinf(PI2*(float)(y+1) / (float)yring);
    radius = r*cosf(PI2*(float)(y+1) / (float)yring);

Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Clyde on May 10, 2006
Slightly off topic sorry, Rbraz buddy we'll have to sort something out for a production with this at some stage. We'll talk later about stuff.

Going back to topic, does Hematoma stand for anything or is it just acting as a cool sounding name?

Thanks,
Clyde.
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Shockwave on May 10, 2006
A Haematoma is a dried blood clot, relsoft has the spelling wrong :)
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Clyde on May 11, 2006
Thanks Dr. Shockwave! :)

Again nifty OGL work Relsoft.
Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: relsoft on May 11, 2006
A Haematoma is a dried blood clot, relsoft has the spelling wrong :)

Err, I don't thnk so because I've studied the spellling for 5 years.  I have a degree in Nursing BTW. :*)

http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/677/main.html

I guess you're british.

Like Hemolysis, Hemoptysis, etc. :*)

Title: Re: Hematoma
Post by: Shockwave on May 11, 2006
I am british :)