Dark Bit Factory & Gravity

PROGRAMMING => Other languages => Blitz => Topic started by: Paul on December 13, 2006

Title: How do save a texture[BB3D]
Post by: Paul on December 13, 2006
How do i save a texture with the 3dmodel and then open it in blitz3d. Blitz doesn't seem to open them properly or something

Please help!
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Clyde on December 14, 2006
I think your reffering to the UV Texture co-ordinates. Im sure some one will help you out with this dude, as im not too hot at 3D Models.
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Paul on December 14, 2006
THX for a reply :)
I've got this problem that a friends is creating models in milkshape and i cant ever get the texture to work!!!
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Ghost^BHT on December 14, 2006
What format are you saving the 3d model in?
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Clyde on December 14, 2006
When I used it people recommended and reffered to a texture wrapper, which I hope some peeps among us can name - as I cant remember the darn thing. hehe. but it is possible without it; If I can remember right it's to do with creating a new material. There are tutorials on texturing ( sometimes reffered to as Skinning ) with Milkshape; which you should be able to find at the official site links.

Hope it's of some use to you mate,
Cheers - Clyde.
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Paul on December 15, 2006
I've got the textures working in milkshape but they don't seem to save in the b3d nor 3ds formats. 
They work perfectly if i do them in maplet. ???
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Ghost^BHT on December 15, 2006
I don't have milkshape, so I can't help you here. One way, probably not the way you want, is to save the texture in a seperate file and texture the object from the program. Or get a higher end 3d prog that will properly save the texture in the 3ds file format. Also check out UVMapper, and blender for UV mapping, unwrapping tools
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Clyde on December 15, 2006
@Paul: Try exporting them to other formats in Milkshape ( ones that Blitz3D recognizes ) and see if they work. I havent gotten around to installing Milkshape yet; sorry I couldnt be more help. It's an odd one why they wont display correctly.
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Paul on December 15, 2006
Think it's working now. don't know what i did but thx anyway :)
Title: Re: How do save a texture
Post by: Tetra on March 06, 2007
There is another way to force a texture onto a mesh in Blitz3D.

As long as the model format that you use, saves the UV coord for the texture, then you can apply any texture you want to the model.

Code: [Select]

Mesh = LoadMesh("yourModel.3ds")

Texture = LoadTextue( "aTexture.bmp")

EntityTexture( Mesh, Texture )


This way, whether the texture reference in the model file is correct or not, this will force the use of aTexture.bmp onto your loaded model.