Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Gore Motel

Pages: [1] 2
1
Thanks for posting this project, I never heard of it before. I think I'll enjoy watching this video series.

2
Great, I hope I'll be able to come up with something.

3
Projects / Re: First win32 intro
« on: August 21, 2014 »
Looks great, I like it!

4
Purebasic / Re: Sunset Cruise
« on: July 05, 2014 »
PowerBASIC is right here, version 10 for 199$. I never used it, so I can't compare it to the other BASIC dialects.

But PureBasic

5
General chat / Re: Website Issues!
« on: July 05, 2014 »
DBF is back, yay! :clap:

6
Purebasic / Sunset Cruise
« on: June 19, 2014 »
I recently purchased PureBasic and, since I had some free time, coded something with warm colours for the summer.

Sunset Cruise

[youtube]fJL7GC6u-_c[/youtube]

The recording quality is quite poor unfortunately, check the executable for a better experience.

Credits:
- music by Miami Nights 1984
- car sprite from Out Run (slightly altered)
- font is Gobold Bold

7
I think I'm getting there. Here is a noisy image, without supersampling (click on the thumbnail for a larger version):



Here is the same drawing (same resolution, number of iterations and functions used) with 2x supersampling:



Here is the drawing again, with 2x supersampling and a larger gamma value:



It looks like I'm losing too much detail, though.

8
Projects / Re: 3d printing experiments
« on: April 30, 2014 »
Looks great! How did you do the 3D printing and how fine can the details on the models be?

9
Dreamfall Chapters, backed it up on Kickstarter on day one. The first two games of the series are some of my all-time favorites.

10
Projects / Re: Fractal flame generator
« on: April 25, 2014 »
Cheers! It might have worked for the challenge, but not in real-time. Well, not how it's implemented right now, at least. The computation is done entirely in JavaScript; for fast renders it would have to be done on the GPU and I don't know enough about shaders to write something so complex.

11
I'm back with another question: how does supersampling work?

I've got a fractal flame generator and I want to implement supersampling. This is what I've read about it:

Quote


Ok, so let's say that I want to draw a image that's 100x100. I'd normally make my histogram kind of like this:

Code: [Select]
float Histogram[100][100];
But I want to do 3x supersampling, so I'll make it like this instead:

Code: [Select]
float Histogram[300][300];
I go over the iterations and get the coordinates of a pixel, let's call them pixelX and pixelY. I decide what color the pixel is going to have. Now the pixel has to go in the histogram, I'm guessing at (pixelX * 3, pixelY * 3), right? Since I'm doing 3x supersampling?

But then what? I'm just putting pixel data at higher indexes in the histogram. How do I get 3x3 buckets to calculate the value of a pixel?

12
Nice effects, and the music is simply divine.

13
Very cool looking, but why such a small canvas?

14
The background effects look great and the music is excellent.

15
Projects / Fractal flame generator
« on: April 24, 2014 »
I've made a small, web-based fractal flame generator, loosely based on Scott Drave's algorithm. You can check it out here. It works on the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

To generate a fractal, click near the center of the page and wait a couple of seconds. By default you'll get a Sierpinski triangle colored in red, green and blue.

To change some of the various settings, click on the gears icon in the top-left corner of the screen to open the menu. Then you can use the tree menu on the left to access different categories, and the options which you can modify will appear on the right.

Here are some examples of what it can generate (click on the thumbnails for larger versions):








16
Cheers mate!

Now I wonder, why did he use two fragment shaders to implement the blur effect, one for horizontal blurring and a second one for vertical blurring? Couldn't he have done all the calculations in one shader?

And a second question, here's part of the shader for horizontal blurring:

Quote
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x - 4.0*blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.05;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x - 3.0*blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.09;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x - 2.0*blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.12;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x - blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.15;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.16;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x + blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.15;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x + 2.0*blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.12;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x + 3.0*blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.09;
sum += texture2D(RTScene, vec2(vTexCoord.x + 4.0*blurSize, vTexCoord.y)) * 0.05;

How did he figure to use those numbers: 4.0 and 0.05, 3.0 and 0.09, 2.0 and 0.12 and so on?

17
I want to perform some post-processing effects in OpenGL and right now I'm particularly interested in blurring.

I found the following article which seems simple enough: Gaussian Blur Filter Shader. It gives you the shader code which you need to use and the following directions:

Quote
1. Render the scene you want to blur to a texture (could be downsampled)
2. Render a screen aligned quad with the horizontal blur shader to a texture
3. Render a screen aligned quad with the vertical blur shader to the screen or texture depending on what you want to use it for

Right now I'm creating an FBO, attaching a texture to it and rendering stuff to that texture, but I'm unsure on how to proceed.

Do I apply horizontal blurring to the texture, then take the result of that process and apply vertical blurring to it, then take the result of that and render it to the screen?

Or do I render the original texture to the screen, then apply horizontal blurring to the original texture and render the result of that process to the screen, then apply vertical blurring to the original texture and render that to the screen? It would be kind of like a three-layered sandwich: original texture + original texture blurred horizontally + original texture blurred vertically.

Or do I render the original texture to the screen, then apply horizontal blurring to the original texture, then apply vertical blurring to the horizontally blurred texture and render the result of that process to the screen? If I do that, it would be like a two-layered sandwich: original texture + original texture blurred horizontally and vertically.

Am I on the right track? Also, if you know of any other good articles about post-processing effects in OpenGL using shaders (especially about blur filters), feel free to post them.

18
C / C++ /C# / Re: Allegro help !
« on: February 20, 2014 »
Yo! I glanced over the code snippets, but I can't really help much since I never used Allegro and haven't written any C++ code since my college years. Maybe you could post the full source if you're still having trouble.

And your English is fine, I understood what you wrote.

19
Projects / Dasher is Late for Work (WebGL version)
« on: February 18, 2014 »
I converted my entry for last year's Christmas competition to WebGL, you can check it out here: link (or download the attachment).

It should work properly on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Opera for Windows.

20
I have now moved to modern OpenGL, actually WebGL to be exact. Scaling is much easier, since the browser can do all the work. And for my matrix operations, I use glMatrix.

Pages: [1] 2