Author Topic: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator  (Read 14320 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Voltage

  • Professor
  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 857
  • Karma: 53
    • View Profile
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007 »
Awesome RBRaz!  I got it all to work fairly easily but then again I am an Aussie and we are a fair bit smarter than you Poms (hey Shockwave?).  :cheers:

May I use this to create some funky textures for my prods pleeeeeese mate?
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007 »
I got it all to work fairly easily but then again I am an Aussie and we are a fair bit smarter than you Poms (hey Shockwave?).  :cheers:

 ;D
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2758
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007 »
Awesome RBRaz!  I got it all to work fairly easily but then again I am an Aussie and we are a fair bit smarter than you Poms (hey Shockwave?).  :cheers:

May I use this to create some funky textures for my prods pleeeeeese mate?
Heh, yes dude, I'll add an export function later and post it here.

 :cheers:
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline va!n

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1435
  • Karma: 109
    • View Profile
    • http://www.secretly.de
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007 »
very nice work rbraz! remembers me on my own but old and unfinished texture generator... well done... btw, seems Invert does not works...?

Code: [Select]
; hope the following formular is correct as i dont tested it yet... this is how the invert algo should work when i am right atm....

NewColorR = (255 - ColorR)
NewColorG = (255 - ColorG)
NewColorB = (255 - ColorB)

One tipp, sometimes it would make sence when creating textures, that you can select what color (R/G/B) you wish to draw (generate) a new texture... atm you can only use, R,G,B, RGB... you should change this to get work with multiply selections like only R+B as color... ^^


[EDIT]
i found one of my first tests and in the meantime around 5 years old test version creating my first textures. sadly i lost the source. i need to take a look and search on all my old CD/DVDs... somehwere must be (hopefully) two other more complex versions of a first texture generator i tried... sadly the mainsources has been lost when i had a damn hd crash... but maybe i will find some old parts of the sources.... i still hope so... ^^

you can download my 5 years old test version, creating and showing a preview of texures created at runtime... everytime when you run the executeable, the textures are different... its nothing special... it was just my really first try and experience and doing such stuff.  http://www.secetly.de/public/TexGenTest.exe (for DBF forum users only - please do not copy/spread like hell, thx)

ATTENTION - VIRUS !?
a friend told me that my old exe is infected with a virus? O.O   (i will check it)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007 by va!n »
- hp EliteBook 8540p, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 x64
- Asus P5Q, Intel Q8200, 6 GB DDR2, Radeon 4870, Windows 8.1 x64
http://www.secretly.de
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2758
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007 »
The invert color was working last time I have used it :) , anyway I'll take a look at it...

Your texgen looks really good, please keep working on it  8)
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline va!n

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1435
  • Karma: 109
    • View Profile
    • http://www.secretly.de
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007 »
btw, i think i found another small "color" bug... when using Generators/FractalPlasma and setting ColorMode to RGB (also greytones), the colors of the preview and the generated Texture still looking like  blue->white instead black->white
- hp EliteBook 8540p, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 x64
- Asus P5Q, Intel Q8200, 6 GB DDR2, Radeon 4870, Windows 8.1 x64
http://www.secretly.de
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2758
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: W.I.P. - rbraz Texture Generator
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007 »
"It's not a bug, it's a feature" and lazyness  ;D

The fractalplasma function still in w.i.p , I need to add much more buttons to change the various existing parameters in that function.

For now, when you select the RGB button you will get a nice cloud texture  :)

Challenge Trophies Won: