Author Topic: Oldskool Dungeoneth  (Read 3977 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Pixel_Outlaw

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1390
  • Karma: 84
    • View Profile
Oldskool Dungeoneth
« on: June 06, 2008 »
Makes Ye Olde dungeons!

It will make a new one every few seconds. This is intended for a game but I sort of forced it into a quick and dirty demo. You may use the engine if you like in future projects but a word or credit would be nice since this has been an intensive project. The blue square is the exit stair and the orange dots are items and treasures. I'm sort of a game maker at heart it seems.  :P

Apologies to Zawran, I sort of wanted to code my own engine from the ground up. I did appreciate your code though.

Here is the complete project, demo, source, image , readme

http://www.filefactory.com/file/129047/

I suppose an even better demo may be made if you make the blocks 3D and walk a camera from room to room using the A* algorithm.


« Last Edit: June 06, 2008 by Pixel_Outlaw »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline zawran

  • Sponsor
  • Pentium
  • *******
  • Posts: 909
  • Karma: 67
    • View Profile
Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008 »
Its a cool project and your progress so far is great. You could be on your way to making a game after all  :carrot: 

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008 »
It seems to work well :)

It's nice that you included the source too. Thank you.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline rain_storm

  • Here comes the Rain
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3088
  • Karma: 182
  • Rain never hurt nobody
    • View Profile
    • org_100h
Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008 »
Fantastic work PO these rooms are definately useable for dungeons etc. Thanks for including the source too interesting stuff to look through.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008 »
Welldone Pixel Outlaw.  8)
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Hotshot

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 2114
  • Karma: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008 »
I used to play ROUGE mad when I was kid and the graphics was crap but the gameplay was GREAT !  O0

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Oldskool Dungeoneth
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008 »
I used to play ROUGE mad when I was kid and the graphics was crap but the gameplay was GREAT !  O0

Please lets keep on topic here, Pixel Outlaw posted for feedback on his program.

Thanks.
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won: