Hmmm, maybe my solution doesnt work for all examples, the gui menus example is one ive tried, it runs but has a white background window with nothing else showing up on it.
How I use graphics ( 256 Colour Bitmaps ) is by converting them using the tools by RBZ ( Bmp2Raw And Bin2Bas ) that puts the raw and palette information as bytes into seperate arrays ( one for each ). I then draw them using tinyptc, and not FB graphics lib. This way benefits in 2 ways, lower file size, and also a bit tricky to rip out the media. probably possible, but I dont go near that side of things.
My main concern is, that I dont quite know how I'd go about rendering them for use in a Windows App environment ( What Im hoping to one day achieve is a skinable application ( I think thats what its called ) similar to WinAmp / Camouflage Music disk by GVY-DBF - coded by the mighty RBZ ). Maybe I should start a new topic, once the Windows stuff actually works properly for me.
If there are any Vista 32-bit Freebasic users among us, I wonder if you know the correct solution? If not, I best head over to the official FB forums with my alter ego, and post back any findings I have, ( if any )
Cheers and many thanks for your interest and reading,
Clyde.