Author Topic: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC  (Read 7303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Hiya Coding dudes :)

In GFX Lib, you know that you can switch FullScreen / Window screen modes, by Pressing ALT + RETURN.

I wondered if anybody knew if there's a way to do this with MR TinyPtc?

Cheers and many many thanks,
Clyde.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2759
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006 »
Sorry, but you cant switch FullScreen / Windowed mode  by pressing ALT + RETURN (or other keys) with Tinyptc, this was a TODO in the last C version.





Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006 »
Yeah I know about the key press of alt and return, and thanks there.

Thought they're could be a work around, as ive noticed some people running tiny ptc in a window. An Idea I had was to have a key press change modes, with what ever the commands are to tell MR Tiny, what screen mode to use inside the main program loop.

Cheers and thanks for the info,
Clyde.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006 »
Windowed TinyPTC has been in FB since version Alpha(I was a beta tester and the only GFX lib I could use then was TinyPTC).

Here's how:

1. Go to the FreeBasic/Lib/win32 folder
2. Rename "libtinyptc.a"  to anything.
3. Rename "libtinyptc-win.a" to "libtinyptc.a"
4. Make some proggies. :*)

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006 »
Cool cheers dude! I may come a cropper, if so I'll post back.

Much appreciated and many huge thanks,
Clyde.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2759
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006 »
Windowed TinyPTC has been in FB since version Alpha(I was a beta tester and the only GFX lib I could use then was TinyPTC).

Here's how:

1. Go to the FreeBasic/Lib/win32 folder
2. Rename "libtinyptc.a"Â  to anything.
3. Rename "libtinyptc-win.a" to "libtinyptc.a"
4. Make some proggies. :*)



Hi relsoft

I found a better way to do that, simple type this at first line of your prog. :

'For Windowed mode
#define PTC_WIN
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006 »
Thing with that though buddy, it only allows for the program to run in a Window.
What I was seeing, was if there's a way to treat tiny ptc in the similar fashion to GFXLib2. By toggling the view from a window to fullscreen.

I've yet to try out RelSoft's tips, as i've had a montain of emails. Will try it out asap.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2759
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006 »
Yeah dude, I know exactly what do you want, the only way to do that is recode the tinyptc lib  :-\
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006 »
The problem I have with #define tinypct win is that it is a pre-compilation instruction, I wish there was a way of doing it like;
if select=1 then define tinypctwin else
blah!
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Window / Fullscreen Toggling With TinyPTC
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006 »
In Vanilla Essence thats what im kinda after. Except to do it, in the main program loop.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won: