Author Topic: Control 8  (Read 2541 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline combatking0

  • JavaScript lives!
  • Senior Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 4569
  • Karma: 235
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
Control 8
« on: January 11, 2011 »
Don't worry, this isn't a sequel. I have been working on this over Christmas which is why I didn't take part in the unofficial Christmas challenge.

In this program, you take control of a robotic space probe (called "8", though there's no reference to this in the program yet) and use a symbolic programming interface to create a series of commands to tell it how to reach its goal - similar to the "Turtle" teaching tool of the 1980's.

I haven't finished the mission maps yet, and most of the graphic tiles are still from the Earth Trial set, though Mission 8 has some of the Moon Mission tiles.

Please let me know what you think.

I have included the incomplete users guide too, to get you started.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011 by combatking0 »
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline combatking0

  • JavaScript lives!
  • Senior Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 4569
  • Karma: 235
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
Re: Control 8
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011 »
It's been a while since I've worked on this, and I've been thinking about making it more customisable.

At the moment, you can write maps in Notepad / Wordpad / Notepad++, but I am thinking of making the graphics tiles importable at run time.

This means I can issue a developer with the game engine, and they can produce the 32*32 pixel tiles to suit their imagination, and import them just as they would a map.

I can also change this to work using the arrow / WASD keys instead, to make it into an RPG style game engine. If anyone is interested, please let me know, and I'll either collaborate on a project, or give you the tools to start you own project if you prefer.

I have attached the Windows and Mac versions, but it is just as easy to make this into a .swf for playing on a web page.

Missions 12, 13 and 14 haven't been written properly, so they are copies of an unfinished Mission 11. I'll work on this soon.
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won: