Author Topic: Is there a Macintosh version of Freebasic?  (Read 3061 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DrewPee

  • I Toast Therefore I am
  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 563
  • Karma: 25
  • Eat Cheese - It's good for you!
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Is there a Macintosh version of Freebasic?
« on: September 13, 2006 »
Does anybody know of a port of FreeBasic to the Apple Mac Platform?
I use both PC and Mac at work so just wondered - I can't seem to see one anywhere?

DrewPee
DrewPee
aka Falcon of The Lost Boyz (Amiga)
Ex-Amiga Coder and Graphic Designer
Administrator of > www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a Macintosh version of Freebasic?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006 »
I believe there is a mac version dude, take alook at the official site www.freebasic.net or www.freebasic.net/forum
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline DrewPee

  • I Toast Therefore I am
  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 563
  • Karma: 25
  • Eat Cheese - It's good for you!
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Is there a Macintosh version of Freebasic?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006 »
Just been on the forums . . . no macintosh version as yet - there is (obviously) a linux version that could be ported to the mac (especially INTEL macs) - but to do a version for PPC would be a real bitch! That is probably why nobody has done a version yet!

Never mind - I love the PC version anyway - cool!

DrewPee
DrewPee
aka Falcon of The Lost Boyz (Amiga)
Ex-Amiga Coder and Graphic Designer
Administrator of > www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a Macintosh version of Freebasic?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006 »
Sorry there mate, I thought their might of been. Perhaps they'll develope a mac version in the future; as it's becomming quite a popular basic language.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won: