Author Topic: Hematoma  (Read 10374 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Hematoma
« on: May 08, 2006 »
http://rel.betterwebber.com/Temp/hematoma.zip

Sorry no source until we release the game we're wrking on because this one is gonna be part of it.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006 »
Very cool mate and very fast too, welldone :)

Cheers and all the best,
Clyde.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006 »
thanksies!

Update:  fixed the timer bug. :*)  Should run a little slower now. :*)
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006 »
Wicked one matey.

I just love peristalsis effects!

Clyde tries and pictures game with effect featured. thinks cool can't wait!!! :D



Btw, be carefull when using the X to exit, as the program hangs ( check Processes in Windows Task manager ). I've found this with all programs that i've ran windowed with FB
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006 »
Cool effect, it looks like a freaked out blood cell.  :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2759
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006 »
Nice one relsoft  :)

I have coded something like that, but never used it :(

Take a look ->   http://rbz.sitesled.com/Files/BlobEffect.rar

Included one music using libv2 by farbrausch, coded in C/OGL.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006 »
that's neat at rbraz!  I doubt we use the same algo though.

I'm assuming yo used two "paraboloids" and used tangental displacement?   Used a sphere with radial displacement at both the x, y and z coordnares. :*)

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2759
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006 »
I have used vertex sphere too, mate  ;)
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006 »
Cool!!!
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Stonemonkey

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1315
  • Karma: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006 »
Nice stuff, both of them.

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006 »
I have used vertex sphere too, mate  ;)


Are you using the standard spherical to rectangular formula like this?

Code: [Select]
'Â  Â  x =Â  p SIN(Phi) COS(theta)
'Â  Â  y =Â  p SIN(Phi) SIN(theta)
'Â  Â  z =Â  p COS(Phi)

Or you are using this:

Code: [Select]
  Â  newy = r*sin(2pi*y)
  Â  rad  Â  = r*cos(2pi*y)

  Â  x = radius * sin(2pi*x )
  Â  y = newy
  Â  z = radius * cos(2pi*x)

Which is technically the top half of a "paraboloid" and two paraboloids would make a sphere.  ; *)  Again, I'm just shooting in the dark. :*)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 by relsoft »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2759
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006 »
Yeah dude, you're right, I'm using a "paraboloid" formula, I just know it by other name - "semi-esfera" (on my first language), and it still need some fixing up to look more nice.

Code: [Select]
   
    // Top half
    Ny = -r*cosf(PI2*(float)(y+1) / (float)yring);
    radius = r*sinf(PI2* (float)(y+1) / (float)yring);

    // Bottom half
    Ny = r*sinf(PI2*(float)(y+1) / (float)yring);
    radius = r*cosf(PI2*(float)(y+1) / (float)yring);

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006 »
Slightly off topic sorry, Rbraz buddy we'll have to sort something out for a production with this at some stage. We'll talk later about stuff.

Going back to topic, does Hematoma stand for anything or is it just acting as a cool sounding name?

Thanks,
Clyde.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006 »
A Haematoma is a dried blood clot, relsoft has the spelling wrong :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006 »
Thanks Dr. Shockwave! :)

Again nifty OGL work Relsoft.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline relsoft

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 3303
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006 »
A Haematoma is a dried blood clot, relsoft has the spelling wrong :)

Err, I don't thnk so because I've studied the spellling for 5 years.  I have a degree in Nursing BTW. :*)

http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/677/main.html

I guess you're british.

Like Hemolysis, Hemoptysis, etc. :*)

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Hematoma
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006 »
I am british :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won: