Author Topic: How do save a texture[BB3D]  (Read 5690 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Paul

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1490
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
How do save a texture[BB3D]
« on: December 13, 2006 »
How do i save a texture with the 3dmodel and then open it in blitz3d. Blitz doesn't seem to open them properly or something

Please help!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007 by Shockwave »
I will bite you - http://s5.bitefight.se/c.php?uid=31059
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006 »
I think your reffering to the UV Texture co-ordinates. Im sure some one will help you out with this dude, as im not too hot at 3D Models.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Paul

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1490
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006 »
THX for a reply :)
I've got this problem that a friends is creating models in milkshape and i cant ever get the texture to work!!!
I will bite you - http://s5.bitefight.se/c.php?uid=31059
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Ghost^BHT

  • Clueless and Happy
  • ^GVY
  • Pentium
  • ******
  • Posts: 931
  • Karma: 49
  • BYTE ME!
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006 »
What format are you saving the 3d model in?

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006 »
When I used it people recommended and reffered to a texture wrapper, which I hope some peeps among us can name - as I cant remember the darn thing. hehe. but it is possible without it; If I can remember right it's to do with creating a new material. There are tutorials on texturing ( sometimes reffered to as Skinning ) with Milkshape; which you should be able to find at the official site links.

Hope it's of some use to you mate,
Cheers - Clyde.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Paul

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1490
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006 »
I've got the textures working in milkshape but they don't seem to save in the b3d nor 3ds formats. 
They work perfectly if i do them in maplet. ???
I will bite you - http://s5.bitefight.se/c.php?uid=31059
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Ghost^BHT

  • Clueless and Happy
  • ^GVY
  • Pentium
  • ******
  • Posts: 931
  • Karma: 49
  • BYTE ME!
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006 »
I don't have milkshape, so I can't help you here. One way, probably not the way you want, is to save the texture in a seperate file and texture the object from the program. Or get a higher end 3d prog that will properly save the texture in the 3ds file format. Also check out UVMapper, and blender for UV mapping, unwrapping tools

Offline Clyde

  • A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 7271
  • Karma: 71
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006 »
@Paul: Try exporting them to other formats in Milkshape ( ones that Blitz3D recognizes ) and see if they work. I havent gotten around to installing Milkshape yet; sorry I couldnt be more help. It's an odd one why they wont display correctly.
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Paul

  • Pentium
  • *****
  • Posts: 1490
  • Karma: 47
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006 »
Think it's working now. don't know what i did but thx anyway :)
I will bite you - http://s5.bitefight.se/c.php?uid=31059
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Tetra

  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 2532
  • Karma: 83
  • Pirate Monkey!
    • View Profile
Re: How do save a texture
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007 »
There is another way to force a texture onto a mesh in Blitz3D.

As long as the model format that you use, saves the UV coord for the texture, then you can apply any texture you want to the model.

Code: [Select]

Mesh = LoadMesh("yourModel.3ds")

Texture = LoadTextue( "aTexture.bmp")

EntityTexture( Mesh, Texture )


This way, whether the texture reference in the model file is correct or not, this will force the use of aTexture.bmp onto your loaded model.
Challenge Trophies Won: