Author Topic: Newsletter #4  (Read 7368 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CoDeMaN

  • Atari ST
  • ***
  • Posts: 127
  • Karma: 38
    • View Profile
Newsletter #4
« on: February 24, 2007 »
Newsletter #4 by Oldskool UK is now released with a nice little reader coded by ME :)
Oldskool Newsletter #4

Please comment on this prod (only if nice comments thou lol)




Offline taj

  • Bytes hurt
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 4810
  • Karma: 189
  • Scene there, done that.
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007 »
Dude this is excellent , quirky, eccentric stuff. I love the ascii text down the side! Good music too. Im not oldskool but I lik ethis. Well done.

How do you exit ?:-)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007 by taj »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007 »
Quirky it is, but you know, it's quirky in a good way. Codeman has done a nice job on the ascii reader, it ran really well and was nice to read. All in all a nice distraction if you have 20 mins to kill. the only bit I don't like about this production is the "leet bashing", it's negative stuff. Let it go and carry on making great things like Apod and this newsletter, you don't need to let past stuff drag around with you. This product and also the Apods prove amply that you can put together things which people like. If some people don't like them, that's thier problem and not yours.

Keep on the good work, I'm looking forward to issue 5.  :)
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline CoDeMaN

  • Atari ST
  • ***
  • Posts: 127
  • Karma: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007 »
@Taj:
Theres a quit button on the main panel to the left. :)

Thanx for the reply guys im glad you liked it :) .. The reader was a pain in the backside due to my lack of coding skills but i got there in the end :)

The "l33t bashing" isnt down to me but ill mention about getting rid of it for issue 5...

Issue 5 will be out in about a month but the Apod series is now finished due to the lack of coding skills,  theres nothing new i can add to spice it up .. Dont wanna release same thing with just few different tracks.

Offline taj

  • Bytes hurt
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 4810
  • Karma: 189
  • Scene there, done that.
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007 »
@Taj:
Theres a quit button on the main panel to the left. :)

There might be a problme there, here is an image of the interface I get. I might be being dumb but I cant find a quit button...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007 by taj »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline CoDeMaN

  • Atari ST
  • ***
  • Posts: 127
  • Karma: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007 »
Ooooops m8 i meant to the right of the panel .. silly me ... my excuse is im ill and was up early lol


This pic should clear the problem up m8 :)


Offline CoDeMaN

  • Atari ST
  • ***
  • Posts: 127
  • Karma: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007 »
Picking up on Shock's comments, the old arguments are long forgotten about and the so called 'leet bashing' was all done in a tongue in cheek way, hence the cartoon. There isn't any hard feeling from my end, just comedy - pure & simple!

From Dazzaboy on OS-UK forums :)

Offline taj

  • Bytes hurt
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ******
  • Posts: 4810
  • Karma: 189
  • Scene there, done that.
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007 »
Thats my problem codeman, that button on the right stops the music but does not exit the program for me. I can find no way to exit except killing the process.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Emil_halim

  • Atari ST
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
  • Karma: 21
    • View Profile
    • OgreMagic Library
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007 »
Nice effect

When I sow it I remember my demo that I have done , it has this effect and many.

I have done it by using  high shader language with my OgreMagic kibrary, I will port it to freebasic code sooner.

See it here
MyDemo

Also I like the music. 

Offline Shockwave

  • good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 17427
  • Karma: 499
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007 »
Nice effect

When I sow it I remember my demo that I have done , it has this effect and many.

I have done it by using  high shader language with my OgreMagic kibrary, I will port it to freebasic code sooner.

See it here
MyDemo

Also I like the music. 

As this is Codemans project Emil, it would be better to post a link to it in a thread of your own making, thanks very much :) Besides, this newsletter is written in another language than Freebasic.

Picking up on Shock's comments, the old arguments are long forgotten about and the so called 'leet bashing' was all done in a tongue in cheek way, hence the cartoon. There isn't any hard feeling from my end, just comedy - pure & simple!

From Dazzaboy on OS-UK forums :)


I'd hate to censor someone's product even if there are parts of it that aren't to my taste, and anyway, even if there was this one "tongue in cheek" bit that I found a bit too overfamiliar shall we say, I still found it an entertaining read and it didn't really spoil it much for me.

You and Daz are doing something with that newsletter that I would personally never have the patience for, and it's cool.

When's the next one out?
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline CoDeMaN

  • Atari ST
  • ***
  • Posts: 127
  • Karma: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007 »
Next issue about 2-3 month according to Dazaaboy.
All depending on feedback and support really m8 .

If ya wanna add anything for next issue about :
forum comps
personal messages
oldskool demo reviews
ect then pass it to me m8 :)

Also dont forget Sarek done the nice Gfx :)



Offline Rbz

  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • ********
  • Posts: 2758
  • Karma: 493
    • View Profile
    • https://www.rbraz.com/
Re: Newsletter #4
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007 »
Nice work
Challenge Trophies Won: