Author Topic: [LIQUID] Liquidation - My Liquid Entry Is here Right HERE  (Read 5633 times)

Offline pixotica

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
Check out my Video on YouTube. For the Liquid Challenge 2010, It is called "Liquidation"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AaY9u35AmY

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AaY9u35AmY[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010 by rbz »

Offline hellfire

• Sponsor
  • Pentium
    • View Profile
    • my stuff
Wow, that's quite a comprehensive treat of the theme.
You obviously spend a lot of time on it and every part fits perfectly well to the subject.

Some of the transitions could be improved, they looked a bit jerky.
And the colour-themes were sometimes a bit too rainbowish for my taste.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Praecor

• Atari ST
    • View Profile
Wow. Great show, u obviously put lot of work into these scenes, there are many ideas what can be done with the liquid u put into practice. I like the bottle scene and the eye-part and when the polygons transform into that water drop.
You have lots of talent.
I'm not even starting with "it should be realtime", there's so lots of stuff.
If you made this happen in just few weeks, can't even begin to think what you could accomplish with the next month's time. Good work pixotica. Totally innovative stuff.

Have to watch it again :)

PS. the text part was a good idea, to let you tell some of your feelings out. I don't really agree "web gave us freedom" (there are so many downsides), but I respect what you are saying there, it's your prod.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010 by Praecor »
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline benny!

• DBF Aficionado
  • in this place forever!
    • View Profile
    • bennyschuetz.com - mycroBlog
Awesome show. Looks really good. I like it a lot. Nevertheless, I second
Hellfire's comment that the transitions could have been done a bit smoother.
Anyway, great production - what software did you use, what tools were
involved exactly ?
[ mycroBLOG - POUET :: whatever keeps us longing - for another breath of air - is getting rare ]

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline bobfresh

• C= 64
    • View Profile
yeah i always prefer 2 tone demos in the 'melon design' style  (everthing looks garish compared :D )but still, the demo looks kick-ass. just need a little more polish...  imho.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010 by bobfresh »

Offline rdc

• Pentium
  • Yes, it is me.
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
Awesome.

Offline combatking0

• JavaScript lives!
  • DBF Aficionado
  • Retroman!
    • View Profile
    • Combat King's Barcode Battler Home
A brilliant entry - can anything top it?
You are our 9001st visitor.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline pixotica

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
Thanks for your feedback Yes I excuse myself from the comp on the grounds this is not a real demo. I just wanted to light a fire and get everyone to work. This comp gave me a reason to finish something and I learned alot. I did almost all of this in Micrografx simply3d 3. I bought this for like $5 on ebay 10 years ago , and love this software. I also used some freeware, like mocha for animated textures, and photofiltre for paint. It was all animated in micrgrafx simplay 3d and resulted in 51 shorts all pulled into windows movie maker to be sewn up. Music, bad as it is was done in the great freeeware tracker, Madtraker with a great vst inst called superwave. I hope this will inspire all wannabes like myself out there. You can make cool creative stuff, even if you can't do it in code. This challenge was great for me. I hope that a time will come when we can have a "video" category". We graficians need places to show our stuff. Best Regards. Pixotica. P.S. I look forward to seeing the real entries! 

Offline pixotica

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
I will post a little more info on the tools used for this. 2 pieces of freeware which were great fun, were "sqirlz Morph" and "Squirlz Water Reflections" These were great for textures and for ripples. I also used "Audacity" to convert Madtracker ogg sound file to wav, no effects, just in and out conversion. I used "quick screen capture" to grab some stills of my work and I used "cam studio" to capture avi of some wireframe work I was doing in simpply3d. I think that covers the whole ball of wax. So almost all done with freeware, $5.00 for simply 3d , but that is out of print and can be downloaded from the web sometimes for free. So tools anyone can find and use for sure. The file was rendered as a windows wmv file and was 29 megs all in.

Offline Clyde

• A Little Fuzzy Wuzzy
  • DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: [LIQUID] Liquidation
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010 »
Welldone & very impressive liquid show Dude!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 by Clyde »
Still Putting The IT Into Gravy
If Only I Knew Then What I Know Now.

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Shockwave

• good/evil
  • Founder Member
  • DBF Aficionado
  • evil/good
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Thank you for putting so much work into your entry, there were lots of ideas inside, I liked some much more than others, I think my favourite part was the snowman in the liquid ball scene.
That was a fantastic idea!
Shockwave ^ Codigos
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline benny!

• DBF Aficionado
  • in this place forever!
    • View Profile
    • bennyschuetz.com - mycroBlog
Thanks for adding the information about the tools. Really interesting to see with what set
of tools you can produce such cool things. Especially when most of the tools are freeware
and/or comparable cheap.

K++
[ mycroBLOG - POUET :: whatever keeps us longing - for another breath of air - is getting rare ]

Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline pixotica

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
Thanks Shockwave. I too liked doing the snowglobe, my wife and kids collect them so have lots of them  kicking around the house. I put the most modeling time into that part for sure. I find modeling works best when I have realworld items to use as a guide. I just about did not pull the snow effect off as each flake is it's own 3d object, so my laptop crashed a few times, and I had to cut back on the flakes, but it worked ok in the end.

Offline Optimus

• DBF Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Optimouse Demo Site
I just dig the use of software I haven't heard before. The feeling of the graphics and colours are strangely retro.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline pixotica

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
I never understood why more people don't use Micrografx Simply3d-3, I have used almost every 3d modeller out there, wings, anim8or, blender, calligary, truespace, autocad, milkshape, and dozens more. I come back to simply 3d. It has good workflow, It is simpler than most, and has good rendering. It does have limitations, your not going to do the next shrek with it, It's animation control is limited. But for what I do, it is perfect. The rest of the tools are great as well. I adore freeware, I find most of them simple and clear to use. Most software I have bought over the years has eneded up not being used , or not doing what It was said to do, or was horrible to use. I started on comodoer vic -20, then comodoer 64, then Amigas. I worked my way up throught all the deluxe paints until the amiga was history for me, as it would not do the internet. I liked Deluxe paint, it became the gold standard for me. It had good work flow. I find many software prods are way to hard to use, or way to many layers deep. I like software I can Jam with, play with, experiment with. Most won't do that well. The list I used on this demo all worked well, and worked well together, I could fire up 4 or 5 at the same time and bounce back and forth, some of the best work comes from just Jammin away , trying things. Check some of those out. In the 3d My next choice after simply3d would be anim8or, I have some experience with it, As a modeller it looks pretty good.  I do not know how it renders. Would love to hear what tools others use.

Offline Pixel_Outlaw

• Pentium
    • View Profile

I think this has a good amount of effects!
Well done.
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline Kirl

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Very nice, I really liked some of those animated background materials, were those generated by the software?

I worked a lot with Cinema4d, but it's not cheap or free. There are demo and student versions available though, not to mention the versions on the high seas. I also like blender, my 1st 3d software was Milkshape 3d! :)

I noticed you spelled pixotika with a k in the movie?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010 by Kirl »
www.kirl.nl
Challenge Trophies Won:

Offline pixotica

• ZX 81
    • View Profile
The backgrounds were generated with mocha, it is a winamp animated texture maker, but it will save avi's. I also used it to make animated textures for my 3d objects. It is freeware; great fun too!

Offline Kirl

• Pentium
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Impressive combo of all the freeware, Mocha seems like an excellent plugin as well!  :kewl:
www.kirl.nl
Challenge Trophies Won: